If you missed the Chalkbucket

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just an FYI,
I suggest everyone change their passwords, especially if you use the one here for other accounts of yours. I received multiple emails that contained my password that I use only here and informing me that they had hacked into my computer, accounts and contacts and are prepared to destroy me if I do not submit a large sum of money to them through Bitcoin. Not sure who you guys use to host this site, but they're not doing a very good job with security to say the least. I feel very lucky that I don't use my main password here, but I'm still not thrilled with receiving these threats because someone doesn't have a properly encrypted and secure site. Hope it helps.

@JBS can you look at this please. @Gymsanity that is terrible, not something that happened to me.

Just an FYI,
I suggest everyone change their passwords, especially if you use the one here for other accounts of yours. I received multiple emails that contained my password that I use only here and informing me that they had hacked into my computer, accounts and contacts and are prepared to destroy me if I do not submit a large sum of money to them through Bitcoin. Not sure who you guys use to host this site, but they're not doing a very good job with security to say the least. I feel very lucky that I don't use my main password here, but I'm still not thrilled with receiving these threats because someone doesn't have a properly encrypted and secure site. Hope it helps.

Oh no. That is awful. Thanks for letting us know!

Just an FYI,

This site is properly secured.

All I can tell you is that they did in fact have my password from here. I use different passwords for sites I believe may not be secure and hopefully that will mitigate any further trouble from them. From their broken English I believe they were foreigners and they definitely got both email address and password at a minimum. I'm merely trying to prevent what could be catastrophic harm to some of the members here who may use the same password for more sensitive accounts. Health, banking, bills, etc.

GoDaddy.com was hacked... they were our domain registrar... they never hosted the site.

With that being said... any site on the web can be hacked. Individuals should protect themselves be following password "best practices". Below is a nice article...

Last edited:
All I can tell you is that they did in fact have my password from here. I use different passwords for sites I believe may not be secure and hopefully that will mitigate any further trouble from them. From their broken English I believe they were foreigners and they definitely got both email address and password at a minimum. I'm merely trying to prevent what could be catastrophic harm to some of the members here who may use the same password for more sensitive accounts. Health, banking, bills, etc.

Having a site properly secured does not mean it cannot be hacked. This is why someone should never use the same password on all sites... just as you are not.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back