If you see the bar fairy.......................

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

.........................................could you direct her our way???? :beg:

DD is soooooooooooooooo close to getting her long hang kip, she gets her head and shoulders over the bar but then drops down:( Her kip comes and goes daily but if she has the long hang she can muddle through. Her first meet is next month so if you see angels, fairies, leperchans...whatever. Send them. Please...:D

crossed fingers, prayers, vibes, thoughts and good luck will be appreciated:p

Thanks in advance:)

THank goodness thezse fairies come in multiples, we so need that kip fairy too. How about we trade, maybe ours is broken or doesn't speak French?:confused:

Good luck top your little one.

The kip fairy will be quite busy! We also need her for DD's low bar kip. Sending her your way (then I guess you can send her to Bog...;):D) We don't need her until DD3 competes level 5, (not for 2 years!) But, it is a good skill to have.

Good luck!!:wizard:

The kip fairy will be quite busy! We also need her for DD's low bar kip. Sending her your way (then I guess you can send her to Bog...;):D) We don't need her until DD3 competes level 5, (not for 2 years!) But, it is a good skill to have.

Good luck!!:wizard:

THank goodness thezse fairies come in multiples, we so need that kip fairy too. How about we trade, maybe ours is broken or doesn't speak French?:confused:

Good luck top your little one.

Thanks ladies. I hope the bar fairies are biligual, you think they would have to be:chin: I will have the fairies back by suppertime. I hate to take any extra mouth through the drive though on the way home $$$:p

DD has her kip but it's just so unreliable right now. I figure if she needs a light spot on the lowbar kip and can do the rest of the level 5 routine okay she should be okay.:xfingers: The coach is registering her today for the first meet (its the weekend before thanksgiving):eek: I will let you guys know how it goes:)

Thanks ladies. I hope the bar fairies are biligual, you think they would have to be:chin: I will have the fairies back by suppertime. I hate to take any extra mouth through the drive though on the way home $$$:p

DD has her kip but it's just so unreliable right now. I figure if she needs a light spot on the lowbar kip and can do the rest of the level 5 routine okay she should be okay.:xfingers: The coach is registering her today for the first meet (its the weekend before thanksgiving):eek: I will let you guys know how it goes:)

Thanks! Good luck to her and I'll send out some wizards as well as fairies.:D Keep us updated.

You know its one of those skills that when it clicks it clicks. I always tell my girls that it takes a good 6 months for it to become consistent. But once they have it consistently it won't go anywhere. Recently I was watching a youtube video about skills that were the hardest for the elites to get. I was surprised when Shawn Johnson said that it took her over a year to get her kip and that was the hardest skill she's every had to learn. My girls found that quite funny:)

Here's hoping the Kip fairy comes to all your DD's. Oh and I should also tell you, I've had a couple girls get their first kips at their 1st meet. I don't know what it is but it happened like 5 times to 5 different girls last season alone.

Jasmine, I too saw that Shawn video. The kip definitely is just one of those skills. My oldest got hers when she was seven for a week and then she never saw it again for over a year.

Youngest got hers once in May and it has not been seen since.

Luckily here kips are not required to progress in the lower levels, it is a bonus skill, if you don't have it you don't get the 0.3, if you do, well maybe you'll get 0.3 in deductions for something bent!:p

At a meet here girls can be doing pullovers and sole dircle dismounts or kips, uprises and layout flyaways in the same level. Certainly makes for variety.

Well since my dd won't be using her kips anymore you guys can have them - she had some pretty ones.

Just got back, DD did really well on bars- she did her LHKip with a light spot several times and then right away on low bar did the glide kip,FHC,cast, squat on and the jump to high bar all connected several times. :bounce: She ran through the beam routine and only got stuck a few times and theres on spot on floor without the music she forgets. So she had a really good practice. I asked her on the way home if she felt like a level 5 yet and she said she did tonight :joytears:

Thanks again ladies, :hug:the bar fairy and the wizard are on their way back.:)

Just got back, DD did really well on bars- she did her LHKip with a light spot several times and then right away on low bar did the glide kip,FHC,cast, squat on and the jump to high bar all connected several times. :bounce: She ran through the beam routine and only got stuck a few times and theres on spot on floor without the music she forgets. So she had a really good practice. I asked her on the way home if she felt like a level 5 yet and she said she did tonight :joytears:

Thanks again ladies, :hug:the bar fairy and the wizard are on their way back.:)

That is wonderful! Congrats to her. Good luck with her level 5 season:D:D:thumbsup::highfive:

Awesome! Now send the bar fairy my way - we need a long hang kip, three glide kips and a jump to high bar that was mysteriously lost off and on all summer :)

It's absolutely true. By the end of the season most first year kids look good doing it but it does take a little over a year for the average gymnast to get every aspect of that routine down (as for the really talented/really hard working, six months tops - but you don't get a ton of those) :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back