MAG If you're heading out...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Thanks Rosiekat!

We are here. He had open gym yesterday and seemed happy about things. Today they have official region training on the comp floor so that should be interesting. I won't be there :( because I have to go pick the others up at the airport. Then opening ceremonies! It is so exciting to be here with all of these super talented boys!

Thanks Rosiekat!

We are here. He had open gym yesterday and seemed happy about things. Today they have official region training on the comp floor so that should be interesting. I won't be there :( because I have to go pick the others up at the airport. Then opening ceremonies! It is so exciting to be here with all of these super talented boys!
Good luck! Yeah! We have three level 9 boys and one level 8 from our gym who will be there with y'all. Hopefully I'll be there next year and we can meet. :)

How does men's nationals work? How does finals work? How does the national team get chosen?
I'm trying to follow the boys from our gym but Men's gym still is a mystery! :)

LOL. Nutshell

The Junior National Team members are chosen from the JE gymnasts. They compete optionals on Th/F and then techs on Sat/Sun. So all of them compete 2 days. Scores are combined.

JO boys competed Thurs/Fri. The top 42 in each age (L9 13, L9 14, L10 15, L10 16, L10 17, L10 18) and top 84 L8 12 yo make fianls. There can be some event finalists too. To be an event finalist, ,they had to be in the top 6 in an event but not be in the top 42 or 84.

Those guys compete Sat/Sun. Scores are combined for awards.

This is what I understand so far....lol

So JE never competes against JO? And JO can't make national team even if they come in 1st?
And JE is something the boys (and coaches) have to choose to do? A path they have to take?

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back