Parents IGC Camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter went a couple of summers ago. She loved it! We signed her up for one week, and that was too short.

The facilities were great, the food good, and the staff was fun.

I don't think she came home with any new skills--but that's not why we sent her. Her cabin had girls from Level 3 to Level 9--all around her age (13 at the time). The girls were grouped by ability for work outs.

I'd send her again in a heartbeat, but she feels the need to stick close to her own gym this summer to learn some of those tricky skills from her most trusted coaches.

My oldest went there for 2 summers (before level 6 and before L7) when she was 9 & 10 yrs old. She loved it. For a picky eater, she managed to survive and actually tried new things. As for skills, I don't send her to learn anything new, but to keep up with practices while enjoying the sleepaway camp experience, and doing somethings she loves. This year she decided not to go with her teammates, that she'd rather attend a local arts camp with her school friends. My youngest is still not old enough to attend :(

My daughter went last year and is going again this year. She absolutely loved it, and like an earlier poster said, the girls in her cabin ranged from L4 to one L10 girl. They were all about 12 years old last summer. The facilities are fantastic and she loved the food and activities as well. She's going the week of July 20.

Oh, I forgot to add that in my opinion, if you send your daughter with the expectation that she'll pick up new skiills while at camp, then you may be in for disappointment. You need to go for the "camp experience" and maybe they'll polish up something that they can already do?? At least that's been our experience.

Sorry it's been a while since I've been here! DD is going July 20 this coming summer. she went there the first week of August last year (I think!)....

-Lynn

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back