WAG IGC Questions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This post is targeted mostly to people who have been or parents who have children who went to IGC. I may be going there this summer and I have a few questions.
1. How much space do you you have if I needed to could I bring to small suitcases?
2. Is there any open gym time? Can coaches spot you on certain skills if ask them during open gym? (If there is an open gym)
3. Do you learn any new skills while you are there?
4. How many children are in one workout group? How many coaches?
5. Is it a good camp? Please rate it on a scale of 1-10
Thank you

See answers below....

1. How much space do you you have if I needed to could I bring to small suitcases?
Not a lot of space. You'll get half a dresser I think then suitcases are stored under the bottom bunk with your bunk mates. If only two small cases then likely fine.

2. Is there any open gym time? Can coaches spot you on certain skills if ask them during open gym? (If there is an open gym)
. Yes, for a couple hours every night. Yes there are coaches to spot skills you want to work on.

3. Do you learn any new skills while you are there?
. It depends. You'll be put in a group of kids with similar skills. You may learn a new skill or not, just like any week in the gym. You won't come home with a bunch of new skills a level up though..... It's not magic :)

4. How many children are in one workout group? How many coaches?
. I think DDs group had about 8 girls. One main coach but different coaches at different events.

5. Is it a good camp? Please rate it on a scale of 1-10
Thank you
. I think it is a good camp that combines lots of gymnastics with a typical summer camp experience. We give it an 8 out of 10.

LOVED IGC!!!!! :)

1. Depends on exactly the size of the suitcases, but you have enough space under your bed to keep a large duffel, and you get three dresser drawers for your clothes/belongings.
2. Yes, and there are coaches to spot :)
3. Depends on how long you stay, but also just on how fast you pick up skills! The equipment there is fantastic to try new skills, and coaches definitely encourage trying them, so you can at least get to try new skills, and then it will probably be easier to work on them back at regular gym practice, once you have them in your back pocket.
4. 8-9, and one coach for each event.
5. I'd say 9 out of 10, it's definitely a great camp, for both gymnastics and a great overall summer camp experience :)

A couple more questions... :)

1. For strap bar, do you have to bring your own straps? ( I wouldn't think so but just to be safe)

2. What is pit fluff? A lot of people say you have to do it there.

3. How do they screen you? What events?

4. Can you have a gym bag to take with you from class to class?

That's it for today. (Probably more to come soon) Lol. :) thanks

1. No
2.Taking out all the cubes on the first day so the pit won't be compacted
3.Floor tumbling pass and bars
4.Yes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back