Off Topic I'm back but now a Doctor of Chiropractic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It has been a good long time since I've been on this forum. I appreciate all of you who had previously given me advice on schooling. But it turned out I had a parent of one of my gymnasts talk about their Chiropractor. I knew the medical and surgical world was not for me. I also knew by experience that the physical therapists out there just didn't understand me as a gymnast or the gymnasts I coached.

However, my return to the "civilian" world, once more, has found many gymnasts having negative reactions to experiences with their Chiropractors.

If anyone could please let me know what some of your biggest concerns are about Chiropractors and what your experiences have been I would greatly appreciate it.

We haven't had any negative experiences, but I'm pretty picky about who gets to work on my daughter (MD, PT, DC or otherwise). One of our chiropractors was a former gymnast.

We haven't had any negative experiences, but I'm pretty picky about who gets to work on my daughter (MD, PT, DC or otherwise). One of our chiropractors was a former gymnast.
Thank you for your response. I definitely agree with being picky, you should be. A bad experience not only can be physically detrimental but emotionally hindering too. It has also been nerve wrecking with the amount of Doctor scandals out there. Very heart breaking. Now me being a father of a 4 and 6 year old has brought that uncomfortable reality closer.

My daughter had a terrible experience with a chiropractor. She requested no work on her neck, which he did anyway, and she has had near constant neck pain for over a year now. She finally broke down a made a doctor appointment about the pain but due to covid it took a long time and she will he seen two weeks from now. I’m not sure she’ll ever want to go back again. I had a similar bad experience when I was younger and have never been back either. My husband swears by the chiropractor but doesn’t go anymore because it’s too expensive.

My daughter had a terrible experience with a chiropractor. She requested no work on her neck, which he did anyway, and she has had near constant neck pain for over a year now. She finally broke down a made a doctor appointment about the pain but due to covid it took a long time and she will he seen two weeks from now. I’m not sure she’ll ever want to go back again. I had a similar bad experience when I was younger and have never been back either. My husband swears by the chiropractor but doesn’t go anymore because it’s too expensive.
Wow thank you for that. Sadly this is not the first time I have heard of this experience. Did this Chiropractor ever talk to you about the different techniques that do not require popping the neck? Or try to use any adjustable instruments? Did this doctor ever do any rehabilitation exercises for your daughter?
Also thank-you for bringing up the expenses, that is something that relates dear to me. We spent so much on gymnastics it was so difficult to spend more money on something that seemed to require constant visits.

Reactions: sce
No, he didn’t talk to her (she was 18 and went alone) about that at all. She just told him to please leave her neck alone because it freaked her out and he did his thing anyway, unfortunately. I do wish that more insurance companies covered chiropractic care- the military insurance does not, but they do offer care to active duty on some bases.. just not where we live.

Reactions: sce
No, he didn’t talk to her (she was 18 and went alone) about that at all. She just told him to please leave her neck alone because it freaked her out and he did his thing anyway, unfortunately. I do wish that more insurance companies covered chiropractic care- the military insurance does not, but they do offer care to active duty on some bases.. just not where we live.
Well I really hope yall can find a chiropractor who is more affordable and trustworthy. Let me know if you need help.
When I was in the Marine Corps I desperately needed a Chiro's help. It wasn't until I went to Parker University in Dallas Texas that I received my first foot adjustment and it really changed the game for me.
I was apart of the group of Chiros fighting for tri-care to help military families and not just the service member. Sadly we were not successful with the dependent portion of the bill. Some VAs will have Chiro care but its so backed up it ridiculous!
Thanks again for your comment.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back