I'm Back in Gym *woot woot*.. and floor music question :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The doctor took my stookie off a couple of days early, he said it healed a lot better than expected :D. But he warned me not to strain the ankle, so it's easy gym for the next couple of weeks.

I was talking to the coach and she thinks I've lost my season :(... but because I've got all that time I get to make up a new floor routine :D:D:D.

I've got a couple of music choices... an Abba megamix, Beach Boys megamix, Sweet Child of Mine by Guns and Roses and Shang A Lang by the Bay City Rollers. What do you all think would work best?

Glad to here you're back. Not sure about music-it has to be able to fit both your personality and your performance style. Mine is tainted love!

Yay!!!! I'm glad you get to go back to the gym. and think how perfect you can get your floor. I think the GNR song is cool but will it be too heavy-metalish?

I'd have to know you to say which song I would like best for you; different songs work best for different kids. It depends on personality, body type, dancing ability (and at what sort of dancing), etc.

You're probably right... my coach says since I have all the time I might as well try out a lot of different ones :p.

I forgot to say about the new coach... after the "Incident" one of the girls who'd left but trained as a coach said she would coach us. I love her, she's totally crazy but she made it to Britains a couple of years running so she definitely knows what she's talking about. So it's all good!!!

Cool--I learned a new word today (Stookie)...I like it. Congrats on being back in the gym!! Bummer that the coach seems to think your season is gone--when exactly is your season? I wouldn't give up on the season so quickly--speaking from injury come-backs myself. Like everyone else has said--go with music that fits your personality and you prefered style of performance/dance.

Our season is the same as our school year, August to June. Im not really bothered about competing this year though, I have exams in December and May *panic*.

I'd say you'd definitely still have a season if you'd like to compete--especially being that it's just November and you're starting to get back in the gym---and you have competitions until June. However, that's up to you, your parents, and your coaches. Good luck and keep working hard!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back