im confused!!!! :S :S

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hello im rachelle and im a wag gymnast for level 5 in australia. im getting really confused because i like to talk to gymnasts in my level but the levels are all different! i dont know who to talk to who is learnign the same stuff as me!

xoxo

There is a coach from Australia on here who might be able to tell you how your levels translate to American and Canadian levels. I believe is user name is Aussie Coach.

There are gymnasts on here from lots of different places. What skills are you currently working on?

um.... on bars, i do a kip (thats a bonus), a backhipcircle, popon, jump to the high bar, one big swing then pullover, toeshoot......

beam: optional mount, cartwheel, wolf jump split jump, full turn, hanstand straight jump, frontsaulto dismount (bonus).....

vault: handspring to feet.

floor: full turn, roundoff backflip (bonus) , jump full turn, split leap change leap (bonus), run cartwheel cartwheel, uuum.... backwards roll to handstand (bonus) and thats my level5 routines if that helps...

It sounds fairly similar to usag level 5, with a few level 6 or 7 skills such as the full turn on beam and front salto dismount. The back extension roll on floor is in both the level 5 and 6 usag routines. Level 5 has ro bhs bhs, fhs and a dive roll. Level 6 has front tuck, fhs step out fhs, ro bhs back tuck and a standing bhs step out. Cartwheel on beam in level 5, level 6 has bwo. Level 5 has kip on low bar and high bar. Level 6 also has clear hip, baby giant and flyaway dismount. Hope this helps with some comparisons to usag levels.

Hi, Australia's levels system is a bit different to the USA because we do not have compulsary routine's and skills. The routines you are describing however sound more like level 4. Are you in a state program or club program. In the national program you must kip on both bars, and things like front sault dismount off beam, round off flic and backward roll to handstand are not bonus skills they are required skills. They are bonus skills in level 4.

Basically our level 5 program with all the core skills is very, very similar to the USA level 5 program. Our dance requirements are a little harder, for example our's must to 180 degree split leaps on floor and beam and full turn on beam and so on. But skills are very similar. However, most australian level 5's are in fact similar to the USA level 6 and 7 competitors. Because of our system of bonus skills. Most level 5's will compete level 5 with the bonus's in their routines to get the higher start value's which they can't do in the USA. Basically Australian level 5 is the equivolent to USA levels 5, 6 and 7 all competing together in the same competition. Which can make it a bith unfair and difficult. A level 5 doing a standing back tuck on beam will compete against another level 5 doing a cartwheel. A level 5 doing front tuck step out, round off, back handspring back layout and a punch front layout must compete against one doing just a round off backhandspring and a front handspring cartwheel, cartwheel. That is why most coaches compete kids who are level 6 and 7 standard in level 5 because if they just have the level 5 skills they will struggle to place.

woa!
i didn't know that the levels in usa were different from australia...i thought we all had the same system! lol
anyway....Aussie Coach, do you know where to find a skills list that say what skills are A,B,C or D?? I've been wondering that for a while.

But remember the USAG JO L1-10 is the US does not use FIG code or scoring, they use there own code.

Does Australia use FIG code?

yes. we use the FIG code but with the minor modification that all skill values are doubled. i.e. a = .2, b=.4 etc

the link I gave above also has the JO code with skill values etc listed

We use the FIG code for levels 7-10. We have our own modified set of rules though. Level 4-6 use the FIG code for some things. To get a copy of the FIG code go straight to the FIG website.

We may not for long, there is talk of Australia adopting a more basic code of points similar to the JO program in the USA for our level 7-10 program. Due to the fact that our current program is very difficult and very few girls are capable of competing level 7-10.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back