WAG I'm not looking to be an Olympian but level 4 team would be nice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm 14. I started gymnastics last October, when I was 13. I fell completely in love with the sport. I am now a level2, soon to be moved to level 3, that is if I pass the testing. My biggest regret is not starting sooner! Anyways, I do gymnastics twice a week for 1.5 hours each time. And open gym for 2h whenever I can on Saturdays. I wanna be put on team so bad. I work like crazy at home. What are some tips or guidelines? Can I even make it to team, wont i be too old for a level 4? Thanks in advance:)

well it depends on where you are and what gyms you have near by, it says you are in romania so I have no idea how the levels work there so I will assume 1 - 10 and then elite. I was 15 when I started team in level 4 and I'm now 18 year old level 7 and yes I'm old but am I too old - I don't think so (my body might tell you otherwise). Just work really hard and if you are in a group of little kids remember you are there for the gymnastics not for the social side of things. Tips - work on getting strong before anything else as strength and flexibility make gymnastics so much easier!!!!

Yes, you can make a team, we always have 1 or 2, 15-16 yr olds on our level 4 team and it is usually a very rewarding experience for them and their teammates. Plus I love having an older girl for my dd teammates, they usually set a wonderful example for the younger girls, with behavior, supporting each other, etc.... When you compete, your age category will probably be something like "12+" depending on the meet! One of our level 4 was 16 when she competed with my dd on her level 4 team, we have stayed in touch. She is a wonderful girl, who just got accepted to the college of her dreams, and will continue gymnastics on their club team.

Just wanted to say how cool it is that your team welcomes older girls. The USAG team at my gym will not invite any older girls to level 3 and 4. The only option is the Rec team which practices considerably less hours and is much less series (Which is awesome and great for some older girls) But I would have loved to be invited as a 14 year old level 4, to the USAG team. I feel like I would have progressed quite a bit faster.

But I'd look into your gyms team programs. See if they will even consider inviting older girls (I'd say, go ahead and ask the team coach this and see what he/she says) or if they have another option such as an Excel or Recreational team.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back