Off Topic I'm sorry to say...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

FlipTwistFly28

It's offically snowing here where I live in Wisconisin, THE DAY BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY! :( I mean, I live in Wisconsin where it snowed here last year during Spring Break, ( when I was haha leaving for Florida) and I really get sick of snow like two weeks after we get a lot. It's just in the air right now, but I'm really not looking forward to the real thing! I was in my fifth hour class when it started, and we all ran to the window to see it. I was dissipointed.Lol! So, how's that for an early birthday present?

Yeah, I can sympathise, last week when I was driving to gym, I drove through my own personal snowstorm, white roads and all. Lovely!!! NOT:rolleyes:

Ah, I like snow just driving through it is a big pain in the butt. Here in Texas we don't get snow....we get ice. A real joy to drive in. We'll get some early snow in November (last year we got it on Thanksgiving) but it usually doesn't kick in till Feburary and March. Crazy right?

Man I wish it would snow MORE here! I love snow! And we don't get nearly as much as they do just a few miles north of us because we are near the water and that keeps it warmer in winter/cooler in summer.

Update, I just heard on the news that we'll get 10 cm's on Tuesday night, it's not even Halloween yet. I'll be digging out the snowboots for the rugrats.

It never snows where I live. Its almost always the same weather just sunny and hot. So Boering. I kind of wish it would snow just so things would be different for once!

We are having our own version of a "cold snap" here in FL. That means it's 56 degrees out this am! Ha-Ha! I am loving it. This was the first morning I got to wear fuzzy sweats and turn on the heater in the car (instead of the AC), while I drove dd to school.

But I do hope it clears up soon for all of you up in the snow/ice/real cold. I know I didn't have nearly as bad Winters back in Northern Cal, but they could get very grey and rainy, for months on end w/ no sun, so I know how it feels to dread a whole season of depressing weather.

But at least you guys get a "White Christmas" (and/or Holiday Season)! We will have to put Holiday lights up on our palm trees! How weird is that!? :cool:

I do miss seeing snow but do not miss the frigid gloomy winters and having to drive in snow& ice.48 here this morning n. wind blowing we are under a freeze watch tonight,but the sun always shines and will be back to 80 next week .LOVE FLORIDA!

Ok, I am going to Wisconsin next week (11/7) for a friends' B-Day. I've never been there. I'm coming from FL. What the heck do I pack?! :confused:

Everything you own!:D:D:rolleyes:

Seriously you may have to pack for all eventualities. Layers are the best choice of all, that way you can add or subtract depending on how cold/warm it is. Sunday was 15 and sunny here, but tomorrow will be nasty and very cold.

Have fun at the party. But, we're going to miss you.......:p

Aww shucks, thanks bog! I'll actually be geographically closer to you, ha-ha! But yes, I will be away from my beloved computer & CB pals!

Ok, so I should pack shorts, tank tops, pants, sweaters, & ski jacket right?! I'm going to look as if I'm planning to stay a month, instead of just for the weekend! I get to stay in a hotel and get some alone time before/after the party, woo-hoo! :D

I was so excited after school to see all the snowflakes :) I just love the snow. Thats why I love living in Wisconsin :)

It was COLD this morning! It was like 48 degrees. Woohoo winter is coming! I like it when it's cold I have to admit. Or maybe it's just that I'm sick of summer here!

Just got back from the gym drive, took me an hour each way. It was a blizzard out there, and then two deer ran into the road, was like a horror movie, then I get to the town where the gym is and there is not a flake in sight.:confused:

Was like the twilight zone.:eek:

Little Bog managed to make a mini snowman before she came in the house. I am sure in about 6 months she'll be sick of it!

msl529 sometimes those nights away in a htoel can be the best rest of all. Hope you have a ton of fun. Bikini, jeans, turtle neck and snowshoes with 3 inch heels and you'll be set for anything.

Today I felt was fairly mild. I ran to work (coaching), and I wore underarmor on bottom, and just a regular long sleeve T on top. And that was at 4:30pm.

Well... it hasn't snowed since I posted the first post, but I guess this weekend it might be in the 60's! Like I heard on the radio this morning, 'that's ten degrees away from 70, which is only ten degrees away from 80!' :) I laughed at that! I am looking forward to the little bit of warm weather, before it's cold for good! :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back