I'm starting to believe the CB just hates me...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So tonight I was diligent--just to be safe, when I typed my PM (a very long one, in fact), I took the time to copy it before I submitted. THANK GOODNESS! I am now getting this error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@chalkbucket.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

However, since I'm so intelligent, when I copied the stupid error above, it didn't occur to me that I was OVERWRITING my PM that I had copied...now I've lost it. Another 30 minutes lost. :mad::mad::mad:

Can anything be done, or is it JUST ME???!!! I'm getting to a point where I just don't even want to take the risk of spending my time communicating anymore. It's so frustrating. If it's just me, someone please tell me so that I can blame myself...right now I'm so mad at this site I don't even want to look at it anymore (but I will, because I'm addicted!):rolleyes:

Don't know, but for now you might want to type your PMs in a word processing program on your computer first, then copy them and paste them right before you hit send. That way they'll still be there until you can work it out. Or, give the person your email, if you're comfortable.

JBS will look into it when he gets on. We haven't had any other complaints of this recently. Hopefully he can shed some light on it for us.

I am also got this error several times when I tried to post to the Parents forum. (I can post to others okay), and yes, I did save the message to Word so I will get it posted some day - hopefully

Don't know, but for now you might want to type your PMs in a word processing program on your computer first, then copy them and paste them right before you hit send. That way they'll still be there until you can work it out. Or, give the person your email, if you're comfortable.

I'm apparently JUST NOT THIS SMART...it's amazing actually. As many times as this has happened to me you'd THINK I'd have come up with a contingency plan. Thanks Gymdog... Besides, I'm just in a better mood this morning. It seems funny to me that I was so angry! While the error was definitely not pilot error, the copy/pasting and overwriting my LOOONG message was definitely not one of my finer moments.

Didn't mean to sound like a whiner...I just am so wordy that when I lose a message...I lose LOTS of time (and I have very little)!;)

I usually use my email program if I am writing a long response or PM. :) I save it to drafts and then I can easily find it again.

So today I wrote a wonderful response to a thread, I hit the blue "reply to thread" button and my post evaporated!!! Yes that's because I was using quick reply. This is not the first time it has happened and every time is happens I am amazed at my stupidity!!!

Sadly the post was such a gem I could not recreate it, UGH. Unfortunately no one will get to benefit from my massive missive! ;)

I'm apparently JUST NOT THIS SMART...it's amazing actually. As many times as this has happened to me you'd THINK I'd have come up with a contingency plan. Thanks Gymdog... Besides, I'm just in a better mood this morning. It seems funny to me that I was so angry! While the error was definitely not pilot error, the copy/pasting and overwriting my LOOONG message was definitely not one of my finer moments.

Didn't mean to sound like a whiner...I just am so wordy that when I lose a message...I lose LOTS of time (and I have very little)!;)

Haha, I understand! I've done it a few times too. Really frustrating.

So today I wrote a wonderful response to a thread, I hit the blue "reply to thread" button and my post evaporated!!! Yes that's because I was using quick reply. This is not the first time it has happened and every time is happens I am amazed at my stupidity!!!

Sadly the post was such a gem I could not recreate it, UGH. Unfortunately no one will get to benefit from my massive missive! ;)

This has happened to me too many times with this new format! You would think I would have gotten the hang of it by now, but no such luck.

I'm currently unable to figure this bug out...I'm working on it though.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back