WAG Inconsistent Bars are making me crazy!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yes, some days I'd be quite happy with a "great".

Instead I get...."Sally did her vault. But she landed crooked and Ms. X said that she had to go do it again. And then I got in trouble because of how I was doing my skin the cats. Oh, can we get a cat? I really want a cat and I would take care of it. Coach Y said we need to take care of the bar area better. We are using too much chalk but I have to chalk up between every turn if we are doing giant routines but if we are just doing kip routines I can get 2 routines in for every chalk up. I don't think I use too much chalk. Do you think I use too much chalk? You know who uses too much tape? Susie! Susie tapes something up every single practice and she doesn't bring her own tape so she has to use the gym's tape. But Mr. K said I wasn't allowed to use the gym tape and I have to bring my own tape but I don't think that's fair because I NEVER get hurt. Do I, mom? Mom? MOM?!?!?!? I never get hurt, do I? I split the beam and get rips but that's not really being hurt. Being hurt is like how Katie was with her ankle and how she hurt it every two months. I got so tired of hearing about her ankle. I have a bug bite on my ankle. It's really itchy. I wanted to itch it during my floor routine but that's probably a deduction at a meet. Is it, mom? If you REALLY have an itch, is it a deduction if you scratch it? Maybe if you could make it look like it's part of your choreography, they it would only be about one tenth or so."

And this goes on for the ENTIRE. 30. MINUTES.

Just imagine what the 4+ hours of practice are like with these kids. I frequently have to say "can we finish this story later?" While holding another child up in a cast handstand or something.

The child will quit in a few years... Guaranteed

I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I just meant to point out that staying all the time can be bad for mental heath.

Coachp - I do hope you are right. This mom is nuts. The child is sweet, but at almost 9, it's time for her to stop watching for mom's approval. The mom actually is very divisive and her jealousy causes problems in the patent viewing area (probably the biggest reason I stay away).

I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I just meant to point out that staying all the time can be bad for mental heath.

Coachp - I do hope you are right. This mom is nuts. The child is sweet, but at almost 9, it's time for her to stop watching for mom's approval. The mom actually is very divisive and her jealousy causes problems in the patent viewing area (probably the biggest reason I stay away).
=
Oh it will happen, give it a year or two and the child will lose interest. It just wont be fun anymore for her and mom will start blaming everyone and everything around her. The pushy overbearing parents in all sports just take the fun out, and then get even louder when the child wants out... blame blame blame," I just don't know why my DD wants to quit, it probably that horrible coach, or her teammates are mean, or she is mysteriously injured all the time (that is the big one and a whole topic in it's self).... " It's the harsh reality of sports and parenting gone bad...

And then I got in trouble because of how I was doing my skin the cats. Oh, can we get a cat? I really want a cat and I would take care of it.

This was totally me at your dd's age, haha! Love how kids get sidetracked all the time. Too funny!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back