Anon Info about Hill's Maryland Classic?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Posting anonymously so it will default to anonymous for replies should any members of Hill's Gymnastics be able to reply!

Curious when the exact schedule for this will be released or if anyone has the inside scoop on the final schedule. We have gotten a tentative schedule from our gym saying that level 6 will compete on either Friday or Saturday but with the meet being less than one month away, we are panicking about vacation time from work (Thursday and Friday or just Friday?) and the cost of flights rising as the date approaches. If an athlete competes on Saturday, the gym expects them at practice on Thursday or they are not allowed to compete, so I am a little worried to just book a flight without more info.

Thanks!

No insights, but I'll drop a comment in support. I HATE when you can't finalize plans until the last minute. Parents, even ones who are super involved in their kid's gymnastics, still need some time to deal with a trip.

I can’t answer your question, but do you happen to know what day xcel gold competes? I too have work obligations that I might need to work around if my daughter competes on Friday. Thanks!

I don’t know anything about that meet, but I definitely know what you mean. Sand dollar is a month away with only a tentative schedule that doesn’t help and cryptic responses from someone on Facebook about everything changing anyway. We have the same issue with not missing practices. And it falls right in the middle of exams for my freshman daughter so that is an extra complication. Her exams are Friday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this year. Of course. Aarg. So stressful! I hope you find out soon.

Our coach sent the final schedule for our team to us yesterday late afternoon. Doesn’t look like it is on the website yet but if you are still looking for the info, may want to check in with your coach or gym manager.

It is very normal for schedules not to be final until two weeks before, although often for gyms that have to travel, the host can assure you your days as a courtesy.

It is very normal for schedules not to be final until two weeks before, although often for gyms that have to travel, the host can assure you your days as a courtesy.

I would agree with this... however... I would also add that this is not the expectation anymore. Many coaches (especially those that help run major meets) know it is fully possible to release the schedule at least 1 month ahead of time.

Releasing the schedule only 2 weeks out is typically due to some issue... being unorganized... or just plain old school thinking.

Many coaches (especially those that help run major meets) know it is fully possible to release the schedule at least 1 month ahead of time.
Yep. We are going to Rochester Classic in February..and we already have a schedule and age groups. Of course its tentative but it still shows something that it is most definitely possible to release the schedule sooner

This is how I feel about the Metroplex meet in February in Fort Worth. Schedule not released until at least 12/31 for early February travel. Just silly for those of us who have to book flights, rearrange work, hope there isn't anything major at school...NOT A FAN of travel meets until higher optionals.

It's normal in the sense that it happens all the time, yes. But it's still really annoying. Especially when the meet has been closed/sold out for months. I know it's not easy making schedules for larger meets, but it still shouldn't take months imo. And everyone online always says book a hotel for thur-mon (for example)and just cancel when you find out. Well every single time I've tried that it's backfired on me. When I try and cancel a day, the rate has gone up or, strangely, there is no longer availabilty. lol.

Thankfully we don't have to worry about this anymore but when we did have to purchase flights and hotels, we booked for the entire weekend, with everything either refundable or exchangable and then rearranged once the final schedule came out. Pain for sure but it was the only way to ensure we had what we needed. More often than not, we just made these mini vacations and stayed the whole weekend but our gym didn't require practice like yours is - which is quite unfair given the lack of a final schedule

I believe the final schedule is out. I got an email from my gym with the competition day and meet start times. Unfortunately, we don’t have any level 6’s at my gym so I can’t help you out. But, hopefully your gym will be able to share with you soon your session time and date.

My understanding is that coaches for every participating club have already gotten the full schedule so you can ask your club and they should be able to provide you with the answer.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back