WAG Info on UNC High Performance Camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

TumbleTimes4

Proud Parent
I’m considering sending DD to UNC’s high performance camp this summer and was wondering if anyone here has attended or sent their daughter? Would love to hear some reviews from first hand experience.

We havent attended UNC camp but we have gone to several college high performance camps (UF, Auburn, Alabama). All of them are pretty much the same. They are essentially money makers for the programs and are structured as fun, do some gymnastics in the training area and get up close to some of the gymnasts/coaches. They typically break the girls up into teams of 12 or so and those teams are usually led by one of the gymnasts or visiting coaches/special guests. The teams will rotate to various stations throughout the day and those stations are typically led by the coaches or guest coaches. Besides the expected rotations on apparatus, they can have other stations like nutrition, social media, mental preparation, etc. The last day is typically open gym and then bring parents in for a learned dance or skill display. Pictures are taken and everyone goes home. Dont go expecting to learn anything, but if you are interested in the school and/or trying to get noticed it certainly doesnt hurt.

My daughter hasn't been yet, but she is planning on going this year. Many of her teammates have gone and liked it and she's heard good things from them. It's also fairly local to us and my alma mater so I am excited about it. :)

My daughter hasn't been yet, but she is planning on going this year. Many of her teammates have gone and liked it and she's heard good things from them. It's also fairly local to us and my alma mater so I am excited about it. :)
Please post an update after she goes, we are North Carolinians also and I'd love to hear more about it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back