injuries??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hi! ok so this is kinda embarrassing but, last night i rolled my ankle doing a roundoff!! (im level 7) so i got to thinking about it,, has anyone ever gotten hurt doing something youve been doing for like ever?! haha..

YES! haha!! When i was in level 4 or 5 we were doing power BHS's (connected BHS's). I landed w/ my finger bent under my hand and i broke my finger & almost had to have surgeryy!

And we do this conditioning thing where you jump on and off of boxes in a little circuit (called "plio") and i sprained my ankle doing that and I had to get a cast...

Don't feel bad about the round-off thing because a girl at my gym a couple years ago (level 7) broke her foot doing a round-off!!

Once i fell off beam and dented my shin doing a cartwheel! I'd done about 10 in a row literally then fell really badly on the next one!

I broke my toe by stubbing it on the springboard if that counts? I was just jumping on and randomly caught my toe and it broke!!

I rolled my ankle WALKING in the gym last year lol! It was completely silly, and it hurt so bad but I couldn't stop laughing at myself! Pretty impressive bruising, I should've made up something awesome that caused it :p

One of my teammates severaly sprained her ankle on a roundoff straddle jump, like her she doesn't have an undamaged tendon in either of her ankles and had to use an entire roll of tape on each ankle. I think her high school trainer saying something about her needing her ankles taped tighters than a football player.

Well i broke my pinky toe tripping over a mat =]

I jammed my finger (and this is also embarrassing) doing a backhand spring ON THE LOW TRAINER BEAM! Now I have a crooked finger!

P.S. Do any of you guys know how to post a thread for yourself? I have had a lot, no, a TON of trouble trying to figure it out! Send me a private message as soon as you can because I am desperate!!!

Last edited:
This isn't really like something I messed up on but a while ago I broke my toe doing a handstand. I was doing it against the side of my couch. The coffee table was near it and it had to straddle in and out to avoid hitting the table. I was sitting in my handstand and my dog walked in and charged at me licking my face. I crashed down and my toe got caught on the edge of the table!

Awhile ago I remember that I was walking to go get an ankle brace from a locker outside of our gym area and I broke my toe from tripping on a beam mat. ;)

I jammed my finger (and this is also embarrassing) doing a backhand spring ON THE LOW TRAINER BEAM! Now I have a crooked finger!

Me too!! I was on the low beam with lots of mats and spot and still managed to jam it, and now the tip of my left pointer finger doesn't straighten all the way.

Mine is embarrassing.
I was mucking around on beam while our coaches were off chatting and i just did a simple straddle mount but as i put my legs down to sit on the beam, it got tangled in the leg of it(the kind of triangle looking part) and i fell straight to the ground, it was so bad that i fractured my leg and i was in a cast for 8 weeks..
I'm ashamed of how stupid i was to do that.:(

One of my teammates severaly sprained her ankle on a roundoff straddle jump, like her she doesn't have an undamaged tendon in either of her ankles and had to use an entire roll of tape on each ankle. I think her high school trainer saying something about her needing her ankles taped tighters than a football player.

haha.. i fell on my head and broke my toe doing a roundoff strattle jump. it was funny! my strattle jumps are really high, and so when i put the roundoff with it, i went backwards and my toe broke. haha

1. I rolled my ankle during a cat leap in my floor routine. A move I've done hundreds of times, and I ended up wearing a brace all summer. *sigh*

2. Coming back in the fall, I tried to do a dance move in my beam routine again(Starting on knees, 'jump' to a crouched position), and I managed to sprain my big toe. :p

im level 8 and i hurt my hand doing a single backhandspring on beam. i didnt land on it wierd or anything it just got really swollen and hurt really bad and when i went to the doctor and he sed i bruised the bone. and i also spraind my ankle playing around with ariels(even though i can do them good haha). also this one time i was trying to fix my run and run harder and i ran over the springboard and and banged my knee into the medal part of the vault table(cus it was at my old gym and we didnt have alot of the right kind of mats that we needed to cover the medal part). and also i hurt my ankels all the time by landing short out of fulls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my god! yes! it is super embarrassing ok background info is that at the time i had been doing dance for 11yrs and so you would expect for my split leap to be decent. i was going to be assessed to see what level i would be in for gym and i did a split leap (i have been doing this for about 7 years) and rolled my ankle out of it tore a ligament in my ankle and was on crutches for two weeks and out of all sport for four weeks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back