WAG Injury Comeback Update Sophia (Spinal Cord Injury)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lovofu

Proud Parent
:)

Hi...I've been asked to send out an update on Sophia. For those who don't know, she was hurt in June during a jump to the high bar (she missed one hand) and subsequent diagnosis of a spinal cord bruise. She was ordered out of the gym for 10 weeks...no upper body, no off the floor...NOTHING...risk of reinjury could have been catastrophic....AS soon as the DR gave her clearance I shipped her to Grandma's and Grandpa's...what a grand summer she had. Swimming, baking, staying up late...fun with cousins...traveling...best medicine ever. Cleared for full workout starting Aug 27. Jumped right in with both feet. In one month...back on track with beam learned a gainer back layout stepout, new mount, back tuck....AWESOME...BARS....furthest fall from where she was...finally strong enough...has her pirouette some of the time, cast to hs look better...time time time will solve the remaining deficits...vault...YUCK...never her best...have to get strong again...it will come...Floor...got her full trying to work out level 8 passes. She is better every day...feels more like herself, looks more like herself...Best of all NO FEAR....she says Gym to her is like oxygen to everyone else...

So there it is...praying for a season with no surprises....Thanks for all the support!

Karen

That is so good to hear and looking forward to seeing her compete again- she is such a beautiful gymnast :)

I was just wondering about Sophia too! Sounds like she's doing awesome, I bet she'll be back in top shape in no time! Hope she has a great season!

Wow. Sound like she is doing fantastic. So glad she back and in full force. Glad she was able to go to the grandparents and take some time off and get spoiled. Keep us posted on how she is doing.

So glad to heat that Sophia has recovered and that she's excited about being back at gym! Can't wait to see video of her competing again. :)

I haven't been on CB in a long time and was so excited to see a post of you about Sophia. ;) I'm so happy to read about her great summer and all of her accomplishments in the gym! Can't wait to hear about her season. Take Care, Karen. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back