WAG Injury question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LivGym23

Gymnast
I got injured in May of 2018, Talus OCD (lesion on my ankle), took six weeks in crutches and boot non-weight bearing. Then did 25% and 50%. It has been 4 months and 4 days. I am still in boot and crutches, with 50% weight. Does anyone know why its taking so long? Doc sending me for another MRI tomorrow but I would like to know what any one else has dealt with. I miss the gym and want to back ASAP.

The person who knows why it's taking so long is probably the doctor. Maybe 50% is too much, maybe your diet isn't right to support the healing, maybe the injury is more complex then it seems... Too many maybe.

Good luck on your MRI! Injuries totally suck, I know it from experience unfortunately...

OCD can take a lot of time and patience to heal. Your MRI will give your doctor a better idea of your healing, but conservative treatment can take many many months. My daughter had it in her elbow. She had surgery and was completely off of her arm for 3 months after and then took another few months to work weight bearing back in. Have patience as you want it to heal completely or it will take even longer!

The person who knows why it's taking so long is probably the doctor. Maybe 50% is too much, maybe your diet isn't right to support the healing, maybe the injury is more complex then it seems... Too many maybe.

Good luck on your MRI! Injuries totally suck, I know it from experience unfortunately...
Thank you!

OCD can take a lot of time and patience to heal. Your MRI will give your doctor a better idea of your healing, but conservative treatment can take many many months. My daughter had it in her elbow. She had surgery and was completely off of her arm for 3 months after and then took another few months to work weight bearing back in. Have patience as you want it to heal completely or it will take even longer!
Thank you! I hope she is doing well!

OCD can take a long time. My daughter has had it twice in her elbow. The first time was treated conservatively. 8 months off her elbow. We thought she was healed and it came back. She just had surgery and is off again.

Good luck to you. It’s a long recovery.

OCD can take a long time. My daughter has had it twice in her elbow. The first time was treated conservatively. 8 months off her elbow. We thought she was healed and it came back. She just had surgery and is off again.

Good luck to you. It’s a long recovery.
Thank you so much! I hope she gets well soon!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back