Inspirational and focus fairies needed for my DGD

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Please send lots of focus fairies to my DGD for her meet tomorrow morning. Apparently last night she hurt her middle right finger AGAIN!:( Hopefully it is just a jamb. She has a meet tomorrow morning and she does not need this on her mind. Beginning to think that this is not the sport for her....don't know if she is not focused enough or just accident prone...first her ankle now this.

My Level 8....I didn't see her meet but my son-in-law got video and I am hoping to see it soon. Apparently she had a rough time on bars...he says she did one armed giants (not quite, but apparently she kept lifting her hand because it hurt too much)...therefore she did not really "hit" her giants or pirouette. She got a 6. My daughter still believes it is a bad jamb and she is continuing to ice it. She has another meet this weekend and then her state is March 27. Hopefully it is just a bad jamb and it will be ok. This is the second season in a row that she has been injured. Last season she displaced two fingers and her hand was in a cast up to her elbow from her 3rd meet until state. Again, I am thinking that this is not a sport she should continue to be in, but she absolutely loves it.

Oh man, that stinks!! I hope it is only a jam also!! Sending healing fairies your way!! I have also wondered the same thing you have but she is a gymnast and they all get injured at some point. It is the nature of the sport! If she is where she wants to be then IMHO it is DEF a sport she should continue in!!

Oh, poor thing. Sometimes it just seems as though kids get in a string of bad luck. I am so sorry to hear she hurt herself. Hopefully it is something that can heal on its own. It is hard to keep gymmies down and even harder to get them out of the sport that they love! My DD who is 10 hurt her knee last summer and she has been pretty faithfully doing PT exercises on her own to keep her knee healthy. This is the same kid that I have to remind to wash her hair and put deodorant on, LOL. She can be very self-motivated when she wants to. I hope your DGD can push through this, and that grandma can make it through without pulling all her hair out! Sending lots of luck and good wishes your way.

Thank you for the well wishes...next meet is this weekend in Georgia....hoping it is a good one as it is her last before state and she really needs to get at least one good meet under her belt before that. She just keeps plugging along. She knew at the beginning that she would do another year of L8 so there is no disappointment there, the only disappointment she has had is that she does so much better in class and seems to mess up at the meet...I don't want to call it "a choke" but I think she puts too much pressure on herself to do well and then bombs it...but it's ok, next season will be here before ya know it and she'll be all the stronger for it.

Sorry I wasn't in time for that last meet but it looks like you are still needing some luck so I'll throw some in there for the next two meets! Fingers heal fast.

Thank you flipper's fan...maybe it was your luck she needs so this meet will be better....I certainly hope so. I have not spoken to her since last weekend so I don't know how her finger is at the moment and am waiting on the video her dad made to see what those one-handed giants looked like....apparently the judges weren't impressed.....lol. I am hoping that both hands will be on the bar this weekend and that she doesn't fall or anything (well except that one fall right after her pirouette-she skips her feet across the floor still and we expect that one)....If that is the case, she should at least draw an 8 on bars and that would be a winner. And as far as the rest goes, hoping she won't fall on anything else (she's had her days with the other rotations as well so you never know what to expect until it happens). I'd sure like to see better scores out of her.

We are sending a truck load of fairies your DGD's way! I hope her finger heals quickly!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back