WAG instant video replay system

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

007M

Proud Parent
hi
does your gym have a system set up where there are cameras set up that the girls can replay and watch themselves on TV's? if so what system do you use or recommend?
thanks

My gym does something similar. We set up tripods around the gym with tablets set on them. We set a 30-second delay so after we do our skill, we walk over to the tripod and watch our skill.

We use this too and the gymnasts, and coaches, love it. Ours is also on about a 30 second delay. It really helps the gymnasts see their corrections.

Funny you should ask this.

I have an instant replay system that I've designed, programmed, and built myself.

Are you in the US, and would you be interested in Beta testing?

Last edited:
I have an instant replay system that I've designed, programmed, and built myself.

Are you in the US, and would you be interested in Beta testing?

I totally forgot about this... have you tried it at any clubs yet?

What would this involve? I'd love to ask the coaches...

You'd pay for the cost of parts and shipping plus enough to cover the parts and shipping (which I'll ballpark at $250 per unit, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being plus or minus $50 or so), and I'd send you the processor and a controller. It would be up to you to get a screen (I'll give you guidance on this -- any cheap computer monitor or TV made within the last 15 years should work) within and whatever you need to mount it in your gym. You'd try it out for a few months, see what you think, and give me any feedback you have on it. After a few months, you'd either send it back for a partial refund, or keep it.

The specifics are negotiable (and I still have a few bugs to work out and testing to do in the newest version before I'd want to send it to you).

All of this is assuming you live in the continental USA; dealing with the headache of international shipping is not something I'm ready to do yet.

I totally forgot about this... have you tried it at any clubs yet?

General consensus on version 1 is that it's useful, but would be far more useful if it had higher definition. I'm working on that for version 2.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back