WAG Interesting meet reactions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Your sister cannot do an E bar dismount in Level 9 because she would either incur a mandatory deduction for omitting a bar change or void part of the routine for performing two D or more elements. Also, blind bar landings can be very dangerous for young athletes.

Gymnasts nearly always learn pike yurchenkos much easier than layouts because pikes use heel drive. I've never seen the reverse. Except for extremely powerful young athletes who understand shapes, usually pike yurchenko score better at L9 because of the fewer shape deductions. Even McKayla Maroney competed a pike yurchenko at L9. She won westerns with that vault.

Your sister cannot do an E bar dismount in Level 9 because she would either incur a mandatory deduction for omitting a bar change or void part of the routine for performing two D or more elements. Also, blind bar landings can be very dangerous for young athletes.

Gymnasts nearly always learn pike yurchenkos much easier than layouts because pikes use heel drive. I've never seen the reverse. Except for extremely powerful young athletes who understand shapes, usually pike yurchenko score better at L9 because of the fewer shape deductions. Even McKayla Maroney competed a pike yurchenko at L9. She won westerns with that vault.
Yes! To all of the above. A 9.85 on bars with a double front dismount on level 9 is pretty much impossible.

Like I said I'm not a coach so I really dont know the rules... I don't know how that bar dismount was allowed. Maybe she expected to get a deduction and just wanted to try out competing it and then the judges just decided not to deduct it... I don't know.
Im not saying piked yurchenkos dont score well and it makes sense if its easier. Maybe she just didnt get that heel drive thing so the layout felt easier. She told me she 'just couldnt get it'. No idea what that means.

Like I said I'm not a coach so I really dont know the rules... I don't know how that bar dismount was allowed. Maybe she expected to get a deduction and just wanted to try out competing it and then the judges just decided not to deduct it... I don't know.
Im not saying piked yurchenkos dont score well and it makes sense if its easier. Maybe she just didnt get that heel drive thing so the layout felt easier. She told me she 'just couldnt get it'. No idea what that means.
That is nonsense. Judges don’t just “decide” not to deduct. There are rules.

Reactions: SMH
I don't want to be "that person", but it seems like this thread has gotten more than a little off topic. Can we get the train back on the track, perhaps? :)
The person "in question" started the thread with complete nonsense to stir the pot. Pretty sure it was intentional--this was never about "interesting meet reactions." I guess it worked because here I am. I think the thread should be locked.

The person "in question" started the thread with complete nonsense to stir the pot. Pretty sure it was intentional--this was never about "interesting meet reactions." I guess it worked because here I am. I think the thread should be locked.
Shucks, guess I fell for it too. But honestly, I think it could've been a fun, lighthearted thread. Sigh.

Shucks, guess I fell for it too. But honestly, I think it could've been a fun, lighthearted thread. Sigh.
Agreed. There was some kind of hide feature at one time, but I have no idea how to use that. Now I’m waaayyy off the topic. :)

Just saying if you look back at my original post it was totally light-hearted, innocent and just an interesting experience. It was not supposed to take this thread anywhere else. I won't name those who took this thread off-topic by interrogating my post but you know who you are. Anyways either we get back on topic or this thread can be locked because Im bored of this subject!

People fabricate things for many reasons. No one is judging anyone, but it's very easy to spot made up events, routines and situations in gymnastics.
I'm shocked that you think I would fabricate such a thing! However it doesn't bother me if you think its made up, I'll just go on with my life and I won't be commenting on this thread! I swear everything I have said is true to the best of my knowledge. Goodbye!

I don't want to be the spoilsport and tell you otherwise but I think I know this @Flopsygymnast's family! I just pm'd her to see if its her. But I think they live on the next street and have 3 girls in gymnastics and one girl who was studying abroad. They don't go to the same gym as us (think they travel to a further one) but my dds say the oldest is "crazy good" at gymnastics!

I don't want to be the spoilsport and tell you otherwise but I think I know this @Flopsygymnast's family! I just pm'd her to see if its her. But I think they live on the next street and have 3 girls in gymnastics and one girl who was studying abroad. This sounds just like them!
I’ll bet you know her. Did you join chalkbucket just to tell everyone that flopsy is legit? This is hilarious.

n
I’ll bet you know her. Did you join chalkbucket just to tell everyone that flopsy is legit? This is hilarious.
Im not interested in being attacked like that. Im just being helpful. I dont know if my assumption is true so hold your tongue whilst I find out

Flopsy is def. legit she just replied to me. I don't know about that meet story first hand tho so dont ask me about it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back