WAG Interesting meet reactions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

And you both just happen to be from the UK but moved over here! That’s really awesome that you guys found each other!
I don't understand! I'm not from UK. I've lived here all my life. Anyways I'm not interested in fighting to defend @Flopsygymnast as I don't really know her. Can we stop with the sarcasm?
Sorry for causing any arguments, that was just my two cents to this convo.

Back on topic!

DD's gym hosted a meet last month, and I volunteered to be a timer on bars a particular session (levels 7-10). It was the first time I had ever done so on bars, and I rarely get to see our higher level optionals compete, so I was excited for the opportunity to get to see bar routines up close! Some interesting things I heard and saw, and some of MY reactions:
* Gymnasts hit their feet on the low bar - I'm a relatively new parent in the sport and did not know this was a thing! It sure isn't something I ever picked up on watching competitions on TV.
* Upper level optionals bar routines are beautiful and terrifying at the same time. Blind landings? Flyaways? These kiddos are absolutely amazing.
* We had only ONE L10 competing that session, and *everyone *, (incl. the bars judges next to me), watched/commented all of her routines intently - all very positive feedback. The whole gym, other teams and parents included, clapped and cheered her on - it was a small meet - and that was so cool to witness. Lots of collective breath holding during her routines, LOL.

I want to reiterate the absolute hilarity of what happened here:

She told an obvious lie. When called out, she doubled down on the obvious lie. When further called out, she created a new account using a stock photo for her profile, pretending to be somebody else just to back herself up.

Like..... given the high amount of effort she put into the lie and the almost-nonexistent amount of effort it took to catch it, wouldn't it just be easier to, you know, not make stuff up?

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back