Interesting mount

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I've just started level 7, and I need to choose a beam mount. I heard that you can do a front walkover up onto the beam in a weird way. I'm not sure how to explain this, but this is how it goes. You do a handstand on a spring board and put your back onto the beam in an arch position. Having a flexible back, I think this would be the perfect mount for me. Does anyone have any idea how to actually make the skill successfully though? I also heard that if you do a log roll it is considered a B skill. Is any of this stuff I'm saying true? Or am I just rambling? If anyone has any info about this skill I'd love to know it!

-GCG

I've seen an aerial front walkover done to sit on the beam (sideways so feet together) which looked quite graceful. Haven't seen the one you mentioned.

I used to compete that one. It's fairly easy, and doesn't even require a flexible back (though it's nice if you have it).

Not sure how I continued to get up, though... or at the very least I cannot describe it. I agree though, keep it simple. That roll sounds interesting but is fairly hard.

Log roll = way harder than it sounds. :p

The mount I've seen done before, and it looks good when it's done right. Talk to your coach about it and see if they can teach you. :)

I agree with Notamom...keep your mount simple and doable at Level 7. You don't want a deduction right off the bat because you fall getting on to the beam.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back