Parents International gymnastics camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Cathycos

Proud Parent
Hi I'm from Ireland and my daughter is attending IGC this summer for the first time. I don't know anyone who has attended the camp and am just looking for any feedback. What should I pack for her etc....any tips or hints would be really appriciated. Thanks Cathy

My son went 2 years ago. They have lots of activities for the kids, but they practice 6 hours a day. My son only went for a week, but I would plan on 3 outfits per day. 1 gym outfit for morning, 1 for afternoon practice and 1 for play. Also they need a few swimsuits. They do have laundry for kids, but my kid wouldn’t do it. It’s cool when they have the celebrity guests. I think Simone might be coming this year.

On a side note, he didn’t really learn new skills that he wouldn’t have gotten by just doing practice at home. It was just fun to do it with friends and have the other fun things. Also, no phones allowed but you can email them and they can email you back daily.

My son went 2 years ago. They have lots of activities for the kids, but they practice 6 hours a day. My son only went for a week, but I would plan on 3 outfits per day. 1 gym outfit for morning, 1 for afternoon practice and 1 for play. Also they need a few swimsuits. They do have laundry for kids, but my kid wouldn’t do it. It’s cool when they have the celebrity guests. I think Simone might be coming this year.

On a side note, he didn’t really learn new skills that he wouldn’t have gotten by just doing practice at home. It was just fun to do it with friends and have the other fun things. Also, no phones allowed but you can email them and they can email you back daily.
Thank you so much for that information

I think it depends a lot on what they want to get when they are there and the extent to which they are assertive enough to ask for more coaching. My DD is not very assertive with coaches and I doubt she'd have gotten anything new if she had ever been interested in going. My son went to IGC several times and got a lot out of his weeks there. He had been struggling with his pbar giant for a while and Josh Dixon taught him a moy to support in a week and encouraged him to think about starting a Tippelt. He also got a lot out of working with Brandon Wynn on rings. He's still competing that moy to support . . .

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back