WAG Is a backwards pass needed?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

That’s great no deductions woohooo!
I have another question if you don’t mind as well, it’s a vault question.

Vault she is doing a open Tsuk vault.. what the start value for that? Is it the same as a normal Tsuk tuck?
Thank you!
There is no differentiation between a tuck and an open tuck. Depending on how open the tuck, there could be a body shape deduction for not being in a proper tuck position. Judges are looking for 90 degree angle at the hips and 90 degree angle at the knees.

There is no differentiation between a tuck and an open tuck. Depending on how open the tuck, there could be a body shape deduction for not being in a proper tuck position. Judges are looking for 90 degree angle at the hips and 90 degree angle at the knees.
Ok I heard the open tuck is a more advanced/difficult Tsuk tuck but wasn’t sure if it was worth the same.
Are these both 10.0 SV then?

That’s great no deductions woohooo!
I have another question if you don’t mind as well, it’s a vault question.

Vault she is doing a open Tsuk vault.. what the start value for that? Is it the same as a normal Tsuk tuck?
Thank you!
A Tucked Tsuk comes out of a 10.0 SV regardless of how tucked it is...unless it is so untucked it may be called a different shape than a tuck. But, in L8 only tucks and pikes are allowed.

It's not giving you notifications... check here...

Let me know if anyone else is having issues with this?

And back to the discussion.

Check this routine...

...and the JO version...

Notice the layout step out in both.

I love this so much - is there a specific reason she doesn’t do back tumbling? My daughters best friend has recurring mental blocks on the RO to BHS, she can do RO into LO or BT or BHS into LO / BT but not round off into BHS. She’s a great front tumbler though and I’d love to give her mom reassurance that even if she never connects this BHS consistently she could do a great floor routine.

Reactions: cmg
Not sure but you will also see a forward dismount off bars...

A forward vault...

But she does do a backward dismount off of beam...

Typically the removal of most backward skills is only possible in upper level gymnastics by fairly talented and powerful athletes.

My daughter does all front tumbling, and Haleigh Bryant is her hero in terms of gymnastics skills. So refreshing to see and watch. I do get tired of watching the same skills over and over.

Not sure but you will also see a forward dismount off bars...

A forward vault...

But she does do a backward dismount off of beam...

Typically the removal of most backward skills is only possible in upper level gymnastics by fairly talented and powerful athletes.

That’s really interesting. I’m going to have to look up more of her routines :) my daughter prefers back tumbling to front, but her friend is super strong going forwards. Backwards is proving to be a struggle

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back