Is anyone else bothered that Nastia wore pink?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yeah--I was just playing devil's advocate...lol. I also read somewhere that Shawn and Nastia had both agreed upon who would wear pink and who would wear red. Nastia wanted pink and Shawn wanted red. I really don't think it is that you HAVE TO WEAR the countries colors. I guess we will see what colors they wear for the event finals...

Last edited:
Red, white, and blue would have been an interesting choice considering those are also Russian colors. I noticed in the crowd a few people waving the Russian flag and cheering for Nastia during the finals; it seems the Russian crowd is proud of her too.

Which makes me wonder if we've seen the end of Russia as a gymnastics powerhouse. It seems that, slowly but surely, with every passing Olympics Russia loses dominance in more and more sports. I guess the Chinese are the Soviets of the future.

Red, white, and blue would have been an interesting choice considering those are also Russian colors. I noticed in the crowd a few people waving the Russian flag and cheering for Nastia during the finals; it seems the Russian crowd is proud of her too.

Which makes me wonder if we've seen the end of Russia as a gymnastics powerhouse. It seems that, slowly but surely, with every passing Olympics Russia loses dominance in more and more sports. I guess the Chinese are the Soviets of the future.

Nastia was born in Moscow, so they're proud of that. Also, she is fluent in the languages and gives interviews to those reporters in it!

I didn't even notice Shawn's gold ribbon.

Nastia looked fabulous in that leo and I'm glad she wore it.

It is much much much better than that starfish leo.

I think she looked beautiful in it. She said "pink" is her favirote color. When athletes wear their favirote color it usually effects there mental thinking so that it is positive. I think she looked nice in it.

No, it looked nice on her. The Canadian gymnasts rarely wear red and white either, it is kind of limiting, plus so many other countries have red, white and blue in their flags, It can hardly be called American. France, UK and the US are jst 3 off the top of my head, they'd all end up looking the same.

Nastia loves pink, so why not, it was all about being an individual.
Russia. The Netherlands. Australia. New Zealand.

Who cares, really? If it made her more comfortable, and it's not the team comp, then that's what she should wear.

Your post really stuck out to me in this thread! I'm sure she's proud of her heritage, and of course of the U.S. and thought pink would be a 'neutral' color? Maybe she was just feeling pink that day, lol who knows!

I don't think we've seen the end of Russia as a gymnastics powerhouse, maybe a lull, but not the end. I had the entire Olympics on dvr (give me convenience or give me death!) so I watched a lot of other sports aside from gymnastics. Rare for me to do that lol. Anyway, one thing the commentators were saying across the board for multiple countries was 'They got some Russian coaches to come in and train their team.' The rest of the world seems to have caught on to Russian coaching goodness, and is tempting some of the older and experienced coaching talent away it would seem. If they go back, or the next crop of rising Russian coaching talent brings serious game to the table (I don't doubt they will), then they will be back in full effect. Some of the sports I heard this in were artistic and rhythmic gymnastics, diving, and synchro swimming. There may have been more even...I'm getting old and forgetful :)

I forget if it was Romania or Russia, so correct me if I'm wrong, but they said that whatever country it was, the girls weren't interested in gymnastics anymore because that country had gotten so much more technology than before so it is harder to get the girls interested. But whatever country it was they did pretty well, with the floor gold from Romania and I forget how Russia did. Anyways, sorry if that didn't make sense!

Ksenia Semanova is going to be fantastic in the next few years, so we definately can't count Russia out just yet!

PS. I also thought Russia had the nicest leos. :D

she looked cute and who cares if she wears pink? she made it to the olympics i think she can pick her leo color lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back