Is Anyone from Denver or Surrounding Area?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We are thinking about moving back to CO and are looking for a good gym for our dd. We are looking in the Parker, Centennial area. I thought if anyone lives in CO they might be able to give us a heads up on some gyms.

We live a south of Denver, but most of our meets are there so I have seen most of the Denver area gyms. Only gym in Centennial is Champions. We were at a meet there in Jan. and have competed against them in the compulsory levels. Nice sized gym. They tend to have more competitive compulsory teams than optional and their compulsory teams are large(number wise). I believe they compete L4(not every gym in the state does).

Probably more gyms in the Parker area. Parker School of Gymnastics comes to mind. Smaller program---not ultra competitive. Have never been to their gym. If you have questions about some of the other gyms, just PM me and I'll look on the list of gyms from the USAG/CO sites. Probably the top gym in metro Denver is Colorado Gymnastics Institute(CGI). Not an overly impressive gym, but a very strong program. Their girls were competitive in every level except L10 this past season( I think they lost a few L10s from the year before). Very good gym for teaching technique----especially beam.

I did see the Champions gym and even have a call into their coach. So does CO start competing at L5 then? If you don't mind me asking what gym are you with? It's so hard to pick a new gym, I'm not really sure what we are suppose to look for. It was easier where we live to find a gym, small town and not too many to chose from. In CO there are so many. I have heard of Aurora School of Gymnastics but was unsure about it, and also the parks and rec CARA teams. One thing is for sure, most of the gyms we have looked at are allot more than what we pay here, I guess that's what we get for moving back into the big city! :)

COUSAG starts competing at L4---nothing official below that. Some gyms may get together and have little fun meets for girls at like L2 or L3, but these are not sanctioned and there is no state meet etc. The CARA or Eagles progam does start competing at L3.

If you stay in metro Denver then there are alot of gyms to look at. I believe the only other gym in Centennial is Universal----newer program and we saw their kids much more in the compulosry levels than as optionals.

You might want to look at this past year's state meet results---they're still on the CO USAG site. Of course, 1 competitive year is simply a "snapshot", but may give you an idea of the gyms that place in the top 5 or so consistently.

We're in C. Springs---only 2 gyms to choose from that have established competitive programs for girls from L5-L10(neither gym has L4).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back