Is it possible??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Is it possible that a wrist sprain can still be there after 6 months??

The strange thing about my wrist sprain (thats what the doctor said but im almost sure its not that) is that I didn't fall on it and it wasn't swollen.

Could it be something else?? Maybe from overuse???

I also got x-rays twice but it didn't show anything.

Please help me!!!!!!

I want to get back at gym but I cant! It hurts to much!

**Oh and right now Im wearing a wrist thingy that the doctor gave me...

well....i have the same issue with my hands and wrists! what helps me alot is icing my injuries for 20 minutes and then putting a heating pad on it for 20 minutes and alternate between the 2 for about 2-3 hours a day and it will help!

Hey Charlo,

I really feel for you, my daughter (you know her well) has been going through ankle, knee and hip pain for two years, she has scoliosis which made the hip pain (bursitis) happen. We went to doctors, had xrays rested etc. In the end, as she was so upset at missing tons of gym and falling behind (that sucks too) ,
I took her to Action Sport in Tremblant.

We had to pay for the visits, but your Dad's insurance might cover it. T has seen a sports therapist there and it has helped 100%. T had to ice three times a day, rest, take advil and do stretching excercises. Now the pains have gone, she has to ice at least once a day, do stretching and now strengthening exercises daily.

It is a lot of work for her, but she was determined to get back to gymnastics. I know how much you love gym and how hard it is for you. T's little sister of course was fine and got to do gym all the time, just like you and your sister. It has taken a long time for her to get back into gym, she lost skills and got left behind, but she really worked hard and was strong mentally.

The Action Sport clinic deals with athletes all the time, the problem with Doctors is they don't really understand sports and people who do them.

I know that there is not much that we can do to help, ask your Mom if you can try the sports therapy, you never know it might work for you too.

Hey Charlo,

I really feel for you, my daughter (you know her well) has been going through ankle, knee and hip pain for two years, she has scoliosis which made the hip pain (bursitis) happen. We went to doctors, had xrays rested etc. In the end, as she was so upset at missing tons of gym and falling behind (that sucks too) ,
I took her to Action Sport in Tremblant.

We had to pay for the visits, but your Dad's insurance might cover it. T has seen a sports therapist there and it has helped 100%. T had to ice three times a day, rest, take advil and do stretching excercises. Now the pains have gone, she has to ice at least once a day, do stretching and now strengthening exercises daily.

It is a lot of work for her, but she was determined to get back to gymnastics. I know how much you love gym and how hard it is for you. T's little sister of course was fine and got to do gym all the time, just like you and your sister. It has taken a long time for her to get back into gym, she lost skills and got left behind, but she really worked hard and was strong mentally.

The Action Sport clinic deals with athletes all the time, the problem with Doctors is they don't really understand sports and people who do them.

I know that there is not much that we can do to help, ask your Mom if you can try the sports therapy, you never know it might work for you too.

Thanks... but Ive already tried doing physical therapy. I also went to Action Sport but in St-Jerome. The therapist told me he couldnt help me since what he did and the exercises he gave me didnt change anything to my wrist. So I went to see a sport doctor then a chiro but it didnt work. My wrist still hurts like 6 months ago....

That's really too bad Charlo, maybe it's an overuse injury and it will go away with time. I know how hard this is for you, but I guess time is all you can give it. Ice, wear the support and try to stay off it, even though you want to see if "it doesn't hurt anymore".

T tried to train through the pain and suck it up for a while, but it did more harm than good. In the end she didn't tumble or vault from April until October (just in time for the first civile, she didn't do very well, but she did compete all 4), in August she stopped doing gym completely to give her hip a rest.

It sounds as though you have tried everything that is available to you, you have good coaches, so all you can do it wait.

As I tell my kids often, life is not fair, it never was and it never will be. Learning to roll with the punches is a great life skill, even though this really sucks, you will come through it stronger and wiser. Injuries are very hard as they don't happen to everyone, just the unlucky ones.

Try to keep your spirit up, you have so much creative talent and a great love of gym, maybe you can focus on other things besides training for now.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back