WAG Is it too late to start gymnastics and be successful?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I started training lots for gymnastics from the age of 6 - 10. At around age 7-8 I was training a level 6. I am 14 now and want to start gymnastics, and get to a high level again. Is this even possible?

I can still do most of the tumbling I used to but I don’t think I would be able to do beam, bars and vault very well.

If you train for a while you can probably get your Level 6 skills back. You will need to do a lot of conditioning and strength training to make sure you are ready to compete. It will take some time, but you have 4 more years...just see what happens! Level 8-10 is a possibility.

P.S. Look into your gym's Xcel Program. It may or may not be a good fit for you, but often the girls might be closer to your age and you have more choice in skills.

I think it depends on what you mean by “successful” but I’m sure you can pick it up, relearn all your old skills, and then progress. At the very least, it’s enjoyable and will increase your fitness c

One of my gymnasts just came back after a 3 year break, she was training Level 4 - 6 when she left. She conditioned her butt off, did a year of Xcel Gold, and has now gotten all of her Level 4 skills back even better than before she left. It's completely possible.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back