WAG Is Kerry Perry Doing A Good Job Running USA Gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Is Kerry Perry doing a good job running USA Gymnastics?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • No

Votes: 55 98.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting comment posted under that article...

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 9.30.44 PM.png

Aimee Boorman for National Team Coordinator? I would personally pick Tom Forster.

Last edited:
There are interesting stories going around, from seemingly very reliable sources.

Many of the national team coaches want Perry gone, they have no faith is her ability to do the job well, based on her past efforts in the roll.

They want Rhonda to stay put. The Nat team as a whole might walk from USAG and recreate themselves under new leadership.

Crazy stuff, but I am feeling the source is right in there.

There are interesting stories going around, from seemingly very reliable sources.

Many of the national team coaches want Perry gone, they have no faith is her ability to do the job well, based on her past efforts in the roll.

They want Rhonda to stay put. The Nat team as a whole might walk from USAG and recreate themselves under new leadership.

Crazy stuff, but I am feeling the source is right in there.
There is a lot happening

Not surprised at all. I’ve predicted all along they won’t survive this and I don’t think they should at this point. They’ve done absolutely nothing to redeem themselves and put themselves on the right path. Firing Penny was the right choice, but it took them MONTHS and they had to be threatened to do it. Perry has proved no better.

I feel that restructuring is happening that could explain the recent firings, or whatever you want to call them. The big question is if bankruptcy is announced will gym owners and parents chose to send their yearly membership dues. I will seriously have to think about it. I personally wish usag would be decertified by the Olympic committee and a new organization certified. It would be very painful but moving forward the path would be clear.

Not surprised at all. I’ve predicted all along they won’t survive this and I don’t think they should at this point. They’ve done absolutely nothing to redeem themselves and put themselves on the right path. Firing Penny was the right choice, but it took them MONTHS and they had to be threatened to do it. Perry has proved no better.

Was Penny really fired? I thought he just resigned and got a big payout (which pi**es me off because these USAG $$ should have been used better)? Of course I may be wrong...

Kerry Perry cannot provide any specifics to anyone on what she is doing to empower anyone. She is pushing her own agenda and many NT parents are angry and frustrated. The opposition is growing against her and I’m hoping she’ll he ousted ASAP!!!!!

She took over a disaster, so was ready to give her plenty of room to try to fix the mess. But she has done a spectacularly horrible job of listening to the voices and concerns of the current national team athletes and their coaches. I realize the business of USAG must stay afloat to support the training and travel of the national team, but it costs NOTHING, does not affect the bottom line in any way, to listen and communicate.

After the way she handled camp last week I have no faith that she is putting the athletes at the heart of decision making. It was a terrible thing to throw at their feet.

She does not listen, continues not to either.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back