WAG Is my current silver routine skills be used for gold

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This summer would like to go to silver to gold. These are some skills I have in my current floor routine
Turn- full turn
Tumble pass 1- Roundoff back handspring
Leap pass sissonne, chasse, leap, 1/2 straight jump
Tumble pass 2- Side aerial
Is my tumble passes enough for gold or do I have to change some things if I want to go to gold.

I believe your first pass needs either a salto, such as a back tuck, or another connected flight skill such as a roundoff/BH/BH.
The Xcel coach at our gym will not allow the RO/BH/BH though, as she feels XG should progress to doing a salto.
So, of course, talk to your coach after competition season. I bet they'll be pretty clear once XS is put to bed.

I believe your first pass needs either a salto, such as a back tuck, or another connected flight skill such as a roundoff/BH/BH.
The Xcel coach at our gym will not allow the RO/BH/BH though, as she feels XG should progress to doing a salto.
So, of course, talk to your coach after competition season. I bet they'll be pretty clear once XS is put to bed.
nope, just two connected flights for gold. Your gym might have its own standard but it's not the rule. Second pass can be an aerial, salto, or two more connected flights.

I just went into the rules and wow. I had no idea a RO was a flight skill! So a RO/BH counts for XG as connected flight skills. Thank you!

This summer would like to go to silver to gold. These are some skills I have in my current floor routine
Turn- full turn
Tumble pass 1- Roundoff back handspring
Leap pass sissonne, chasse, leap, 1/2 straight jump
Tumble pass 2- Side aerial
Is my tumble passes enough for gold or do I have to change some things if I want to go to gold.
Hi I’m a silver, also going to gold. I would recommend having a front tumbling pass as well. I know in Gold they do things like front tucks and front pikes. Hope you make it to gold

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back