WAG Is there such a thing as a front whip?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dont think so... Well maybe, if you count what Rebecca Bross did into her double front. Although technically it's a front layout, and I don't see how a proper whip going forwards would help-you would land in the wrong position to rebound:)

Sure why not......Dunno?

yes, any tumbling following a front layout is going to be whipped. and depending what you do, sans Bross, it will be whipped more because it has to be just like going backwards. :)

My thoughts exactly. Or should I say......Yes by all means, I concur!! ;)

The op kinda took me back to a week at Hal's camp where one of the staff spent a couple of days,..... er, ahem,.... in the coaches lounge explaining and ranting about "flysprings", and he made himself quite awailable (accent inferred) to engage in many animated discussions. Ahhhhh......what fun.:D

Yes there is, and some coaching systems require that it is one of the first forward tumbling skills that their gymnasts learn.

Some coaches will call a really archy front layout used as a front tumbling accelerator, a "front whip". However, it's not really like a back whip which is more of a handless back handspring at an alternate angle.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back