Parents Is this normal? Really? :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This has been a fun thread. I know things are different in the States than here, but lol at some of the mental images I have!

We have always done, Leo (we call them gym suits here btw), warm up (we call those track suits), hair up in some type of bun and tight but no mandatory style, and the gym suits always come with a matching scrunchie that goes around the bun. Oh and white socks for march in and awards, and the gym bag.

Dd used to use glitter spray (just a bit) because it was what all the little kids did.

This is us as well, except we do a high pony tail instead of a bun. Pretty low key, which is what I like :)

We don't even have matching gym bags actually - though that may change this year.

This thread makes me glad we are at the gym we are . We make our presence known through good routines that are the result of good coaching and a reasonable number of hours for the level.

We are required to purchase an affordable competition leotard ( tank style at our level). I think everyone chose to purchase the matching duffle bag and most bought warmups. There is a warmup suit that was handed down to us . Coach thought of us first when donated to the gym and it fits my girls. That said, dd was at least gymmie#3 to wear it (based on names on the tag) and the zipper is breaking so I'm hoping to be able to purchase 2 new suits for the spring season. They are only $60 for the set, but we will likely need two new leos at $80 each also so we will see when the time comes to order.

I may purchase a couple pairs of flip flops to decorate if I can find them on sale....

We just moved gyms, and I don't know about the new gym and glitter, hair, etc. fortunately, DD is pretty adaptable, she can go either way as far as glitter goes, and I'm pretty good at hair, so I can do whatever hairstyle is necessary. I suppose if HC has a " no glitter " rule for gymmies, then I'll just have to wear it! ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back