WAG Is this the norm for training in the TOPs, Hopes & Elite Community???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't intend for this to be rude. I promise--I know how hard it is to interpret tone when online. But I honestly think that the OP must be confused to some degree. Maybe the coach used the wrong words or mislead her? Her gymnast is a Level 6 (I am guessing based on all of the comments) and age 10. I don't know of a coach or a gym who would start talking about a Level 6 who just now getting giants going elite. I am NOT saying that the gymnast isn't talented. Perhaps she is. But elite isn't even part of the terminology...isn't even part of the conversation...at this stage. My guess is that the term elite was used in a different context, thus confusing everyone, even the OP.

OP's child is a L4, 10 years old. With hopes of scoring out of many levels to compete L8.

OP's child is a L4, 10 years old. With hopes of scoring out of many levels to compete L8.

In that case I reiterate my point. The word elite should not be part of the conversation yet. She isn't even an optional. If there is a coach talking about elite track, run the other way...I would not trust that coach.

But I absolutely DO wish the gymnast success! Good luck!

Reactions: sce
I could be wrong, this thread was confusing. But I do not think the coaches referred to were talking about this gymnast going elite. The gymnast and her mother seem to have those aspirations. That's it.

DisMom

I agree that elite was used in the wrong term. However, only knowledgeable coaches and maybe some parents would know that. I have learned over many years never ever promise parents anything. No misleading or wrong words. The only thing I wanted to do is see where the DD fits into our program (the reason why I make people come for a week). Nevertheless, I don't even fully know the gymnast because I've been busy getting ready for HOPES optionals that takes place this weekend.

Also to respond to another previous post there was an HOPES Complusory in Cincinnati 2 weeks ago. Finally, to answer another question. I have a potential Jr. int'l Elite, HOPES and TOPS gymnast.

THIS....and thanks Dunno!
It all starts with putting children in youth sports for the right reasons and reminding yourself constantly what those reasons are; Learning teamwork and communication. Understanding the importance and benefits of fitness and an active lifestyle. Competing in a healthy and positive way. Overcoming adversity and losses. In a world where it is natural to help our children avoid pain and failure, coupled with schools implementing systems that guarantee success when success has not really been attained, youth sports is one of the few opportunities that a child has to learn how to fall and get back up. If a youth sport organization, coach and team are providing these opportunities for our children then we should be ecstatic.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back