Parents It's been a tough week . . .

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flippersmom

DD had meet last weekend (L5). Did very well, 2nd VT, 1st UB, 1st BB, 1st FX, 1st AA (36.5). It was a smaller meet, but that's OK. Very proud of her.

But DH has been been having trouble at work. Thought he may be layed off or fired, which thankfully has not happened yet. But it has left him very unhappy. He is a "glass is half empty" kind of person, I tend to be "glass if half full". So, we haven't been seeing eye to eye on a lot. Things are calming down dome, and he figures if he sticks it out for a year, economy should be better. Plus, I will probably pick up more hours at work as yougest DD will be old enough to be home for short period of time (she's old enough now, but we're not comfortable enough with it yet). He just needs to vent about it, but I have trouble listening to it about 3 hours every day! Ugh.

But, congrats to all those that have had good meets. Haven't had much of a chance to post, but I've quickly read some. Hopefully things will calm down this week!

Okay, just needed to vent.

Congrats on her wonderful meet.

As for the other stuff, it is so tough right now, I imagine so many families are going through what yours is. It is so hard to be the supportive partners we would like to be when we are struggling with stresses of family life and making ends meet. Know that we are here to listen to you and be your cheering squad. Here's hoping things pick up.

TIme to get out and go for some looong walks, always clears the head.

When it rains, it pours

I would take a long walk, but were have snow and ice.

So, DH decides to back his truck into our driveway, and hits my van, denting it and breaking his tailight!

Oh, what a week!

Sometimes it just sucks! Wishing you peace and some sunchine thrown in. We are in the middle of March school break, it is -23 and very windy, the cabin fever may kill us!!!

First off, congratulations. Those are great scores!!!! On the other side of things....I ride the subway to work very day. It's crowded and everyone is pushing. I'm waaay to polite, but it's just the way I am. When I finally get on a train, I just close my eyes and pretend I'm someplace else.....A white sandy beach with emerald breaks, a cool waterfall with native flowers....then someone usually elbows me in the ribs and reminds me where I am, no bother, I love where I am.

Negativity sucks, probably time for a date night:cool:

Oh, I sympathise - I have a "fretting" kind of husband too. He hardly slept a couple of nights ago worrying about the state of the economy in the world.

Keeping a blessing book or poster in the kitchen/ visible place may help. When a friend of mine was going through a rough time (and I mean really rough!) she got a glass vase and put it on the kitchen window sill. Every time she or her husband thought of something that was good about their lives, they wrote it on a piece of paper and put in in the vase. Steadily, the little pile of papers built up and they were encouraged by the number of happy occurrences in their lives. Sometimes the unhappy "stuff" can swamp the good things and it helps to get things in perspective.

Congrats to DD on her great meet! And I hope the work situation smooths out with your DH.

Okay, I am looking at my calendar at work (of beaches), picturing I am sitting in the hammock with a good book. There is no whining husband, no fighting kids, no work to do, no snow. Just me and a good James Patterson book! And a cute cabana boy to spritz me with water and bring me some drinks!

Thanks for the kind words. I think I was just being worn down. DH feels bad he hit my van, I told him I’m not mad, but I’m putting that one in my pocket to use later if I do something he gets mad at. We do have lots to be thankful for, maybe I should tell DH to start putting them in the jar. I think he’d be surprised. As for a date night, I think that’s a good idea. I’ll have to see where we can squeeze that in, hopefully real soon.

Sure, first round is on me. But you have to bring your own cute cabana boy . . .

Share the cabana boy & drinks and I'll bring some appetizers!

CONGRATS to your DD on a great meet Flippersmom, sorry about the added stress. I know how your DH feels, we are also having some financial woes & I am stressing about keeping my DD in the gym. While DH's job is secure, he used to get a lot of overtime that pretty much kept her bill paid....now it's a struggle & might be the first thing that needs to get "cut".

We can't control the economy & it's not fair to be working so hard and not be able to gain anything...hopefully changes will be made soon for the better. ((HUGS))

First of all, congratulations to your dd! Great AA. :D It' nice to see their hard work pay off.
My DH and I are the same way. I am always upbeat. He is the "glass half empty" as you described. Sometimes it's hard always being the positive one :rolleyes: Sorry for your troubles, I am praying that things will smooth over for you and your family. Hang in there! That's all any of us can do. We are all in the same boat. We have been hoping to move back to TX for the last couple of years, but no luck. DD's gym is very small and TX has some really wonderful gyms! School's are better too. My husband's job is secure, but a transfer is unlikely for at least a couple more years. Our family is there and we have been out here in CA long enough and it's time to go home. But selling our house now is not an option. (Especially here in CA!) So, we have decide to be patient and wait on God's timing.
Good luck to you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back