Parents It's that time of the year again... Regionals???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We wish the best for those competing in regionals. Three girls from DD's gym are going so we are excited for them and I'll be praying for you moms lol- states was nerve racking enough for me! Go team NJ :)

Good Luck to all all the girls competing this weekend, and sympathy to you parents! Here's to hoping the end of this week flies by for you!

To ARKGYMOM -

Consider yourself (and your bank account) lucky for the time you have and can live stress-free. The Optional levels can be very, very draining on the bank account. Sometimes we find ourselves fondly remembering the days of compulsory training (3 days a week for 2.5 hours each day) and compulsory meets (drive across town). Now at level 8 going to 9 she trains six days a week for about 4 hours each day and the meets are across the country. Enjoy the time now but go forward with your eyes wide open for what is to come.

LOL, I have been saving my money NOW while dd is still compulsory to offset some of the higher expenses I expect at the optional levels. However I don't think what I save will last long unfortunately. I should have started saving when she was born.

LOL, I have been saving my money NOW while dd is still compulsory to offset some of the higher expenses I expect at the optional levels. However I don't think what I save will last long unfortunately. I should have started saving when she was born.

I was just thinking how good it is that my son will be out of braces by the time meet season comes around next year...and then we went to the dentist yesterday and she recommended an ortho evaluation for my dd.... so much for having a little extra money for those optional meets next season...

Granny Spmith tell me about it! this week has been dragging on for so long. Im leaving for Vegas today! Im so excited it is my first time competing at regionals so i dont know what to expect. Good luck to your DD. I don't know about her but i want this season to be over already! these past three weeks my body has just been telling me NO MORE! so I am excited to finally be going into off season, and get some sort of break. I cant wait to hear all about it once you get back.:)

Congrats Optionals United on making it to regionals. Hope you have a great time then can enjoy some r & r :).

We wish the best for those competing in regionals. Three girls from DD's gym are going so we are excited for them and I'll be praying for you moms lol- states was nerve racking enough for me! Go team NJ :)

We have 5 girls on Team NJ!! DD is still trying to tell me that we HAVE to be there, the girls NEED us in the stands! Hmm,as much as we love them, not driving 7 hours!

GOOD LUCK!

Granny Spmith tell me about it! this week has been dragging on for so long. Im leaving for Vegas today! Im so excited it is my first time competing at regionals so i dont know what to expect. Good luck to your DD. I don't know about her but i want this season to be over already! these past three weeks my body has just been telling me NO MORE! so I am excited to finally be going into off season, and get some sort of break. I cant wait to hear all about it once you get back.:)

Congratulations on making it to Regionals - good luck! Of course my dd has developed a head cold that we are trying to kick out of her by Sunday! Last year going into Regionals she was sick and I got her into the doctor's for an anitbiotic, at least this time it's just a cold... It's always something!

We are leaving for Regionals tomorrow, but dd does already have a teammate down at the site who will be competing tonight... so Regionals has officially begun! :)

Just a quick touching base... Dd made Easterns. She had her best beam routine ever (she got 2nd pl) and a fall on bars (even with the fall she got 4th pl). She still ended up 3rd AA, there was a tie for 1st AA, so she got 3rd. Stinkin' fall took her out of 1st on bars and AA. 1st AA was 36.55, even with her fall she got a 36.475. Hopefully this makes her even hungrier for Easterns...

Back to training and prepping for Easterns! I won't have the nerves that I did for Regionals at Easterns, because this meet is just the icing on the cake - Regionals is the cake baking!!! ;)

Congrats! That's great news!
That's how I feel about Regionals, no nerves. Just happy DD is going. She skipped 7 to do 8 so we're proud :)

Congrats to your daughter!! How wonderful for her. The level 10 from DD's gym is going as an alternate to Easterns (she was so close-reportedly a mistake on beam cost her). She's still pretty excited since this is her first year as a 10-I think she was keeping her expectations a bit low. Good luck to your daughter at Easterns!

Congrats to your daughter. She did great, even with the fall. Regionals seems pretty intense. My dd and I volunteered working it this past weekend since her gym was hosting. We've never to been to a meet like that before, and dd and I both had fun getting to watch some of it.

So when are nationals? Can't wait to hear how everyone does there. Dd is still in compulsories so I feel out of the loop with the optional stuff.

Congrats to your daughter!! How wonderful for her. The level 10 from DD's gym is going as an alternate to Easterns (she was so close-reportedly a mistake on beam cost her). She's still pretty excited since this is her first year as a 10-I think she was keeping her expectations a bit low. Good luck to your daughter at Easterns!

So this girl must have made the NIT meet for Level 10s (if she's an alternate for Nationals, as Easterns is just for Level 9s) and that's a huge accomplishment, especially for a first year level 10. The NIT meet is on the Sunday of JO Nationals (on May 13th )

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back