WAG It's that time of year again (for me)- picking floor music!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
So this year I have the option of choosing new floor music or sticking with my old one. I really like my old one but want to look around incase I find something I like better.

This is my current floor music:

Doctor Who Soundtrack - The Futurekind - YouTube (obviously cut shorter)

Some tracks I have found that I quite like

Haley's Floor Music-Stick It. - YouTube

^this one is Haley's music from stick it and I have thought about using it the past 3 years (it was my back up for level 5 and 6 if my coach didn't like the first one I picked - my old coach suggested I use it because i am a powerful tumbler and not a very graceful dancer at all. However I don't know what kind of choreography could work with that style of music.

Gymnastics Floor Music - Harry Potter (Deathly Hallows Part 2) - YouTube

^This one is from the last HP movie and I am obsessed with Harry Potter but didn't want music that screamed HP like hedwigs theme. I don't know if I could pull this off as I am very very ungraceful.

BOND - Allegretto - YouTube - I would cut it

^I really like this one but not sure whether it would suit me and I have a feeling it is used quite a bit. I had music similar to this for level 5.

In short I am asking do you think I should change music or keep my old one and which of the 3 you would like best. I am also open to any further suggestions, I am an 18 year old level 7 and very powerful, and not very graceful. I also want something that will entertain the audience.

I love the last one! Yes it is a bit overused, but hey in the Olympics I swear all the Canadian girls had the most common floor music out there right now in Canada, so go with what you like and what suits you:) I think the Allegretto music is good for a powerful dynamic floor routine, but is flowy enough that it doesn't just scream 'this gymnast can't dance'.

take this with a grain of salt considering that I'm pretty new to the girls gymnastics world... but this song came on the other day and I thought it would be fun for a floor routine. Though who knows, maybe it is overdone (I know it has been around for ages). Also, I imagine there would be some editing and cutting...
2 Unlimited - Get ready for this [HD] - YouTube

Your current floor music is very fast! I definitely wouldn't do the HP music if you are not a graceful dancer type. I like the last one--haven't heard it a ton around here anyway.

I like the stick-it one for you!
I've heard it in stick-it but I personally have not heard it at a meet around here. I feel like it would fit for you, not being a dancer type as well.

While the bond one is incredibly overused it's ideal for not very graceful people because you can pass off very sharp precise movements as dance which I've found my gymnasts find much easier to cope with

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back