I've been selected for the Commonwealth Games!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well I haven't been on in ages and so I thought I'd update everyone!

My biggest bit of news is that I have been selected as part of the Team GB group that are going to Delhi to compete in the Commonwealth Games! :D I am so excited and thrilled to have been selected and absolutely can't wait!

All the way back on June 19-20th I competed in the Portugal World Cup. I qualified for the Uneven Bars final and was reserve finalist on beam. In the UB final I did well, scoring a 12.750 which got me 4th place (right behind olympian Daniele Hypolito!)

At the British Champs in July I scored a 50.850 all around which got me 8th place. As this was my first year competing as a senior in this competition I was really happy! I sadly had a fall on bars (normally my best event) so I came 11th and didn't qualify for event finals for that but I came 6th in Floor so did qualify for event finals in that. My floor final didn't go as well and I ended up coming 7th (which was still a great acheivement for me!)

On Saturday and Sunday I was in Gateshead for the GBvs Switzerland competition. I came 10th in the All around with a 50.650 where I was competing against people like Becky Downie and Ariella Kaeslin. I qualified for Bars Vault and Floor Event Finals. In the bars final I did quite well, scoring a 12.650 and coming 4th behind Becky Downie, Nicole Hibbert and Ariella Kaeslin. I also came 4th in Vault. The best part was deifinitely Floor finals. I competed well and scored a 13.600 (which is not my best score but is still pretty good!) which got me...2nd place! It was made even better by the fact that I had beaten Ariella Kaeslin as she is a gymnast who I really respect and admire! I came 2nd to Hannah Whelan who is the current British Champion which is a pretty incredible thing! It was an amazing feeling to stand on the podium, not just with my team but by myself as well.

I'm going to put some photos up and thank you for all of your support!

Lolly xxx

that's awesome! you are an amazing gymnast! do you have a youtube account? i'd love to see videos!

Thank you very much! No I don't. But if you search me there's a couple of videos you can find. My ones of last year's british champs are up and a competition I did in Rouen last year and I think the British Teams :) Also my routines from this year were on the British Gymnastics website (not sure if they still are!)

Laura
I am thrilled for you, I saw you had been selected yesterday, I was proud to say I know you and that you are not just a great gymnast, but you are also a really great person.

To compete for you country is such a massive opportunity and to be part of such a great team is amazing.

I saw your floor routine from the recent comp on YouTube and I was very impressed.

Make the most of every minute and try to saver it all.

ok thanks! i just watched some. your beam mount is amazing!!!!! :D

Wow! What an achievement! Congratulations, I hope you enjoy every minute and have a very successful competition!:)

Congratulations!!! Thanks for posting again. I just watched your video yesterday. Keep up your good work and please keep us updated.

Thank you everybody! I didn't realise those video had already been put up!
And Bog, I agree it is an incredible oppurtunity and I still can't quite believe I've actually been representing my country at these competitions. We did an autograph signing and I have never had a more surreal experience (except perhaps when Beth Tweddle told me she loved my lines on bars-the proudest and best moment of my life :) ) Thank you for all your kind words!

Your beam mount is so SWEET! I really like your bars (Beth Tweedle was right), and your leaps are gorgeous. My 5 year old is standing here trying to immitate them :)

I am soooo happy and excited for you LollyLaura!!! What an amazing acomplishment you have achieved!!! And your floor is absolutely beautiful--that split leap right after your 2nd tumbling pass is awesome!! It's like you are floating on air!!! LOVE IT!! Congrats!!!

Thank you everybody! I didn't realise those video had already been put up!
And Bog, I agree it is an incredible oppurtunity and I still can't quite believe I've actually been representing my country at these competitions. We did an autograph signing and I have never had a more surreal experience (except perhaps when Beth Tweddle told me she loved my lines on bars-the proudest and best moment of my life :) ) Thank you for all your kind words!

Laura you have been discussed on GGMB which is the uber private gym obsessed board. People are very happy with the CWG team and that you are in it! Many people think your great, not just the judges! BY the way Beth Tweddle was quite right and what a lovely compliment she gave you!

I'm an Aussie so I know what a big deal the Commonwealth Games are!! They're second only to the Olympics in importance for us. I'm VERY excited for you. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I hope you only get outscored by Aussies!! :D:D
Best of luck and I look forward to watching every single second of the competition!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back