Parents Izzy's Floor Music

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

TeamDad

I just finished cutting this for Elizabeth. She picked a song from a cd her coach gave her but she wanted a slow part in the middle so I re-cut it for her from the original.....so, whatcha' think? The absolute cut/off is today to pick a song so we just made it...whew:D

Oops, here's the link
http://vimeo.com/7165277

Love it!!! Very unique. She's really going to stand out with that music, I think the judges will take notice:D. I KNOW her routine is gonna be just awesome. Can't wait to see it!:D

Certainly very different from anything I heard at level 7. She will stand out for sure. And she has the ability to perform to this! Can't wait to see her.

I LOVE her music! So unique and so her! I can't wait to see her choreography, I know she is going to be amazing!! How exciting to have her own music, they wait a long time for that!!

LOVE the music choice, and you did a great job editing it also. What is it called?

well, she wanted drama...and she got it:D So now, we were all set to start choreography on Thurs with her coach who is a classically trained dancer herself only to find out last night that they now want her to be choreographed by another coach (a guy) who is the one who does all the hyper jumping around routines. Ugh.

Anyways, the music is big and dramatic but I'm confident that she can pull it off. She started looking for music in August and it took 2+ months to find something she really liked. So I guess it's just going to take a little longer to start choreography.

Love the music. Hope the other choreographer can make her a beautiful routine. Can't wait to see it!! She is going to rock the floor!

Very dramatic and cool! She will be able to do alot with that music! My DD is level 4 but has already decided she wants Barracuda from Heart for her floor music when she gets there! Not sure she will be able to do that but she thinks it would be cool

Yeah, we got it sorted out. Elizabeth starts tonight with the coach that she wanted to work with.

Congratulations on getting it sorted out and having the coach you want doing the choreography. It sounds like she'll be a better fit.

Sorry I haven't commented on the music yet, I've been doing most of my posting through my phone, and I can't get it to play for me. No one knows you daughter better than you, so I'm sure it's just perfect for her!

I'm looking forward to seeing AND hearing the finished product!

Yeah, we got it sorted out. Elizabeth starts tonight with the coach that she wanted to work with.

Let us know how the first session goes. I love the music and I also think you did a great job editing it... Cait has her first choreography session in a couple of weeks. She is excited about that.

Sean

Let us know how the first session goes. I love the music and I also think you did a great job editing it... Cait has her first choreography session in a couple of weeks. She is excited about that.

Sean

That's great, it really is a big accomplishment to make it to optionals. It seems like L4 was a million years ago:) I'll be watching for Cait's meet videos.

Elizabeth had alot of homework last night so it went pretty much like this 'how'd it go?' 'it went well':D This morning she told me her coach wanted one edit. I made the change and I think it should flow very nicely now. Boy how I love it when everyone can work together as a team!

I love that first part, from Freaky Friday! Hope that's still in there.

She's going to be a beautiful L7. Can't wait to see her vids! :)

Looks like our season might be over before it even started:confused: Elizabeth doesn't like her floor routine. She thinks it's boring and she's disappointed. Apparently they don't want the girls routines to look the same and have already used some of the things that she wanted to incorporate that accentuate her flexibility and dance skills in another girls routine. I' have a call in to let them know, but at this point I don't know what to think anymore. Elizabeth can be pretty stubborn and when she says that she will not compete a routine that she doesn't think she can win with, I have to just support her. I have explained that it's not a routine that wins but the execution, but she's right and I don't blame her for putting her foot down. Thanks for letting me rant. I'm hoping for the best.

If anyone can suggest a good choreographer, we might go that route to salvage the season. Thanks

I do think it is important that the girls feel a connection with their routines. After all they have to sell them to the judges. Hope you can sort things out.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back