Off Topic James Webb Space Telescope

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
Launch is scheduled for 7:20am EST tomorrow! I'll be watching the livestream with my wife and her parents. I've been looking forward to this for 10 years, and now it's finally actually happening!

Anybody else excited for this?

Yes I have!! My husband is on the project and I can't tell you how many long hours he has put into this amazing instrument. He did go to French Guiana for testing in October but was not there for the launch so we watched on youtube just like everyone else. We are all so proud of his and the whole teams' accomplishments. He worked on a camera that will take pictures in infer-red in about a month, so he will be travelling a lot to Baltimore in January to ensure everything is working right. But it was so very exciting to watch the launch and know my husband was part of it. Amazing technology and it is exciting to see what we will learn. There is a lot of work, testing, and monitoring to go. The big excitement for the team was not so much the launch but the point at which to solar array started working because then they knew JWST was powering on its own. Without the solar panels raised and working the whole project would have been scraped! Thanks for following, this story has not gotten a lot of attention until the last month, but my husband has been working on this for 18 years!

Yes I have!! My husband is on the project and I can't tell you how many long hours he has put into this amazing instrument.
......Thanks for following, this story has not gotten a lot of attention until the last month, but my husband has been working on this for 18 years!
That has to be really exciting for your family!! And 18 years?! wow!!

Out of curiosity, what field is your husband in - what is his degree in? Military or civilian? My son is very interested in this general field. Just trying to get more information for future discussions with him. Thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back