Jason Furr

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

blantonnick

Coach
Judge
Anyone involved in the USA Gymnastics program during the mid to late 90's through the early 2000's must have heard of Jason Furr. A tremendously talented gymnast with incredible swing. His coach Carlos at Capital Gymnastics in Virginia was a great technitian (gymnasts include Jay Nardelli, Jay Kim, Dan Gill, Justin Spring, etc.). Furr was such an impressive gymnast, I once at a clinic saw him throw pike kovacs, immediate tuck kovacs, immediate kolman...the amount of torque he created on the bar was incredible, so free and fluent. He also threw one of the most incredible triple pikes off high bar, if only he had been more competitive and consistent I think he easily could have made World AA finals. Anyone remember his gymnastics?

Yes...unfortunately this is one of the only videos I could find.

[YOUTUBE]ApwXdRVHju4[/YOUTUBE]​

He coaches at Apollo gymnastics in Va, for the last few years anyway. He is still training, maybe, because he recently appeared in a video about the Gattaca combine and I thought that he said he was. Maybe just coaching at it. You might try the Gattaca website to see if it has anything.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back