DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
I would like to start off by thanking everyone for being part of The Chalk Bucket.

As some may know...there has been some unrest on the site lately. I would like to assure everyone that we are working hard to put it to rest so conversations can continue as intended on the site.

I am a man of very few words when I am typing...so here goes:

1. I handled a current situation completely wrong and did not support my staff. I put them down in front of everyone on the site. I jumped at a situation too quickly and I was wrong. I am sorry...especially to Bog. Bog and the rest of the staff work very hard and I fully support them. They are the ones that have grown this site into what it is today...not me. Thank you and I am sorry.

2. In order to seperate the opinion of the staff and official board business. The staff will be using the "infraction manager" when handling official board business. This does not mean you are getting an infraction each time it is used. If the infraction is titled "Just a note"...it is just a mod talking to you as a mod...not as a member.

3. Threads have been going "off topic" way too much. Warnings will be given immediately through the infraction manager when someone goes off the topic of the thread.

4. Private social groups are allowed. They will always be viewable to myself, Bog, and GT. Anyone can create a private group...but the three admins will always be able to see it. Thank you for understanding.

5. As far as The Chalk Bucket being against "Aspiring Elite Parents"...we are not against anything but things that destroy the site. We have singled a couple of those things out. Thanks to some good info from a couple of great members this morning...I am taking care of business.

Goodbye HFG...goodbye Shawn...you have both been banned and are not welcome back. The "Parents of Aspiring Elites" group is has been deleted because it belonged to HFG who has been banned. Someone else may recreate the group if they would like.

Please post any questions that you have for me in this thread. Criticism and complaints of the above action are not welcome...but if you would like...post them here so I don't have to search for you to ban you.

If you would like your profile deleted...please post that here also.

Once again...thanks to all for being a part of this great site.

Bog...I am very sorry...thank you for accepting my apology.

Last edited:
Thank you JBS for being man enough to admit when you made a mistake:)! Thank you for making the above listed changes. They have been needed here on CB for a while now unfortunately. I had noticed "changes" in the community over the past year or so that were making me not want to post here anymore. Seemed like certain members were always looking for a fight. CB had lost it's family feel to me. We all love our kids & we love this sport or we wouldn't have come looking for this board. I hope these changes will help bring back the supportive family feel to CB instead of the competitive, argumentative feel it had taken on due to some members. I hope EVERYONE will feel comfortable posting now whether their child is rec, preteam, JO, Prep or some other league or program. It's ALL gymnastics & they ALL deserve respect. Thank you JBS for modeling that respect by publicly apologizing to Bog. You have set the tone for the CB I'm proud to be a member of! And a BIG thank you to Bog & GT for their tireless efforts to keep CB a friendly community for ALL!!!:D

Thank you JBS for being man enough to admit when you made a mistake:)! Thank you for making the above listed changes. They have been needed here on CB for a while now unfortunately. I had noticed "changes" in the community over the past year or so that were making me not want to post here anymore. Seemed like certain members were always looking for a fight. CB had lost it's family feel to me. We all love our kids & we love this sport or we wouldn't have come looking for this board. I hope these changes will help bring back the supportive family feel to CB instead of the competitive, argumentative feel it had taken on due to some members. I hope EVERYONE will feel comfortable posting now whether their child is rec, preteam, JO, Prep or some other league or program. It's ALL gymnastics & they ALL deserve respect. Thank you JBS for modeling that respect by publicly apologizing to Bog. You have set the tone for the CB I'm proud to be a member of! And a BIG thank you to Bog & GT for their tireless efforts to keep CB a friendly community for ALL!!!:D

Completely agree with you there!

Thank you JBS for taking care of this situation and continuing to make the CB what it was meant to be--a friendly community for gymnasts, coaches, parents and anyone interested in learning more about the sport. I totally agree with GJM and these changes were necessary. I haven't been posting as much as I have wanted in the past because of fear of what certain members would post in response.

And thank you JBS, Bog and GT for working so hard (voluntarily) to make this site what it is!

I would like to start off by thanking everyone for being part of The Chalk Bucket.

As some may know...there has been some unrest on the site lately. I would like to assure everyone that we are working hard to put it to rest so conversations can continue as intended on the site.

I am a man of very few words when I am typing...so here goes:

1. I handled a current situation completely wrong and did not support my staff. I put them down in front of everyone on the site. I jumped at a situation too quickly and I was wrong. I am sorry...especially to Bog. Bog and the rest of the staff work very hard and I fully support them. They are the ones that have grown this site into what it is today...not me. Thank you and I am sorry.

2. In order to seperate the opinion of the staff and official board business. The staff will be using the "infraction manager" when handling official board business. This does not mean you are getting an infraction each time it is used. If the infraction is titled "Just a note"...it is just a mod talking to you as a mod...not as a member.

3. Threads have been going "off topic" way too much. Warnings will be given immediately through the infraction manager when someone goes off the topic of the thread.

4. Private social groups are allowed. They will always be viewable to myself, Bog, and GT. Anyone can create a private group...but the three admins will always be able to see it. Thank you for understanding.

5. As far as The Chalk Bucket being against "Aspiring Elite Parents"...we are not against anything but things that destroy the site. We have singled a couple of those things out. Thanks to some good info from a couple of great members this morning...I am taking care of business.

Goodbye HFG...goodbye Shawn...you have both been banned and are not welcome back. The "Parents of Aspiring Elites" group is has been deleted because it belonged to HFG who has been banned. Someone else may recreate the group if they would like.

Please post any questions that you have for me in this thread. Criticism and complaints of the above action are not welcome...but if you would like...post them here so I don't have to search for you to ban you.

If you would like your profile deleted...please post that here also.

Once again...thanks to all for being a part of this great site.

Bog...I am very sorry...thank you for accepting my apology.

Thank you so much JBS!!!! I have been a member here for a long time now and also noticed that some members were completely over the top and out of line. Although I continued to post, it wasn't with the "gusto" I once had for this place. Hopefully that feeling will return. ALL gymnasts work hard, deserve our respect, not just the future elite mom wannabees. Anyway, I truly appreciate that fact that you publicly apologized to your staff and esp. Bog for all their hard work to make this place what it has become. Thanks again!

let me start by saying that the CB has provided me with so much support & advice her over the last few years, and I thank everyone here for that. I think that Bog & GT are amazing along with the rest of the crew. I cannot imagine the daunting task of trying to monitor a board of this size on a daily basis. I honestly feel they do a great job of trying to keep CB open & honest & where people feel comfortable posting. that is not an easy task.

I would like to thank you for stepping up & appologizing . Admitting when we are wrong is never easy.
I too felt the board had gone astray a bit. Although I stiill posted, it was not as often. There are many opinoins here we must take them as such when we post. I too hope that CB will be back to a place where everyone is comfortable posting from preschool to elite & everwhere in between.

I appreciate your honesty, let's all move forwards to make this gymnastics community even more supportive, informative and fantastic.

I am very glad and excited for the upcoming changes.

It is a huge step to apologize to someone on a board this size. Good job JBS.......

Bog and GT thanks for your tireless efforts to keep this a safe, fun, informative spot to learn and support gymnastics. i know I have learned a bunch here and so have others.

I look forward to growing this site into family again and moving on to bigger and better things........

Wow, not sure what I missed yesterday, but I support anything that improves the community and makes people feel free and safe to post here without being jumped on.

These were the exact reasons that I have not posted on any thread that has caused unrest! I am very non confontational and this has been the one place that I have been able to come to that has understood what my DD, and me as a gym parent goes through. It is a shame some people always have to create drama but thank you CB for diffusing the situation (not sure what happened) and for making this site remain the best resource for support, encouragement and information regarding gymnastics! KUDO's to the CB team!!

Thanks to all of you.

We also had some very good and long time members ask me to delete their profiles yesterday. If anyone speaks with them...tell them I am sorry and I hope that they will consider returning.

Mariainlv has been banned for talking trash about CB staff in a private group...anyone else?

Privacy On The Chalk Bucket

I think some people are getting confused about our privacy standards here. I will try to make them clear:

Forums

The forums are public. Anyone can view all the threads and posts. We do have a "Back Office" area where official forum business is discussed between the mods and admins.

Member Created Social Groups

Privacy is controlled by the member that created the group. All social groups can be seen by the Admins (JBS, Bog, & GT). In other words...even "private" groups are moderated by the Admins.

Private Messages (PM's)

Private messages are contained in the database. If there was ever a need to access them (someone in danger, child predator, etc)...the database would be turned over to the police. Your privacy is very important here...but safety is #1.

As Owner of the site...I am the only person that has the power to access the database. While I do have to access the database to keep it in working order and make backups...I have not and will not access private messages as they are private.

With the above being said...please read the below quote from Facebook that explains perfectly what has been going on...

Please be aware that while all conversations are private, they can be forwarded, much like traditional email.

In the above quote...conversations = PM's. If you send a PM to someone and they send it to someone else who sends it to someone else...your PM is not very private. If you have a PM that you would like me to see...forward it to me...that is what is getting some of the members in a bit of trouble.

Private messages are only as private as the person you sent it to.

Questions

Privacy is very important here. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding privacy on the site.

Last edited:
future elite mom wannabees.

JBS, this was the exact attitude of condescension that I referred to in my posts and our PMs. Because it seems like you have just given a rubber stamp approval of this sort of passive aggressive attack, I would like to ask you to please appoint another member to head up the 7YO/L4 group and then delete my account. I am not interested in being part of a community where it is okay to mock or poke fun of other members.

Thank you for helping learn more about the sport and also about human nature.

Respectfully,
Bella's Mom.

Okay, having observed the forums I think that there is some form of competition to be the most laid back parent there is and that
future elite mum wannabees
is a great example of how we are as a community almost discouraging elite. I think as a community we need to be completely supportive of everyone regardless on what there goals are. whether its to learn a forward roll or compete in the olympics.

Also, As much as i love a controversial thread (I am the first to jump into a controversial conversation) we need to make sure that our posts are neutral and are addressing the previous posts not attacking the people behind the post.

JBS, this was the exact attitude of condescension that I referred to in my posts and our PMs. Because it seems like you have just given a rubber stamp approval of this sort of passive aggressive attack, I would like to ask you to please appoint another member to head up the 7YO/L4 group and then delete my account. I am not interested in being part of a community where it is okay to mock or poke fun of other members.

Thank you for helping learn more about the sport and also about human nature.

Respectfully,
Bella's Mom.

Not a problem...your profile has been deleted.

Gymgirl. We have so many parents on the board with NCAA bound and Elite bound gymnasts, you just do not see them posting the way other some members have. I know for sure that members with kids on that path feel supported here and feel that the CB is not against elites or that training path.

I think the "wannabee" term needs to be dropped for sure. But it is good for everyone to remember that there is no bad advice, there is just advice.

I know it is astounding, but just as some parents are totally gym crazy, there are others who are totally chilled about it and love to share.

Now lets take this opportunity to move forward into a new CB era and see where it takes us.

JBS, as you know your apology is much appreciated. We have shown what a great team you GT and I can be. We will do great things here. Working together to implement the proposed changes and encouraging some new moderators to help out on individual forums.

Tumblequeensmom has been issue an infraction for "offending other members".

Gymgurl has been issues an "off topic" warning.

Support for the CB or questions only in this thread please.

Just want to say thank you to the administrators for all your work on this site. I really do find it a helpful place to find information and I have enjoyed learning more about gymnastics around the world as well as learning to appreciate other's points of view. Thanks for providing this forum.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back