WAG Jennifer Sey Leaves Levis

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The eye roll is for how folks have become so polarized and you either are on my side or the "other" side. There is never an in-between, a recognition that there are other valid opinions. Again, if you cant see that the stand she is taking is a political one versus a moral one then idk what to say. I don't mean to be rude and I don't think I have done anything but engage in conversation. My apologies if you consider otherwise.

Oh, so now an eye roll isn't considered rude, it's merely symbolic of ideological divide. That's funny. Not everyone sees masks as political, nor should they be.

The majority of both "sides" are done with masks and mask debates. Case in point, an advance e-mail went out to all teams in attendance at the meet we were at this past weekend informing attendees that masks would be strictly enforced. The mask sign was posted on all doors as you entered. I think I counted about 3-5 people per session wearing masks out of hundreds in attendance/working the meet in two separate gyms. Same with the meet before last (in CA of all places!). Yes, people did try to make it political, but thankfully it's pretty much a non-partisan issue (for the general public) these days.

Ok, that makes more sense. Still don't agree that doing the best by your family is somehow wrong because it shows privilege but that's just my view.

and grocery store sushi? I'm not a sushi person but that doesn't seem like a wise choice at least not in my living area. do you have a really good grocery store?

Totally agree with you! I don't think it's wrong that she moved for her family and it's not wrong that she had the financial resources/job security to make a move like that (though I believe she is privileged to be able to do that, maybe if I had used a different word like 'lucky' or 'blessed' it would have been received different; privilege can be a charged word these days...).

My take on her blog was less political and more that she came across as selfish and self-centered. I didn't think her reasoning or arguements were very sound. It felt she was justifying the inconvenience the pandemic has had on HER life vs being a true advocate for children. (And that doesn't take away from her speaking out about elite gymnastics or her work with Athlete A.) That's just my 2 cents on it.

Anyways, my grocery store has pretty good sushi! It is a high-end grocery store (there's some privilege for you!). They don't have much variety with only two kinds of raw fish but for a quick lunch on the cheaper side it's A-OK. :D

Most people who are labeled anti mask/vax really are not. They are anti-mandate and there is a big difference between the two.
This a million times.

I’m pro vax, anti mandate.

Im over masks and their mandates.

What folks of course misunderstand, removing the mandate doesn’t prevent anyone from keep on keeping on.

I fully support anyones right to wear a mask. Forever if they choose.
What I want is the ability to choose for me and mine when and where we choose to mask.

I find her views the exact opposite of standing up for children as others have articulated much better than I can.
I am not sure how fighting for in-person learning is considered "the exact opposite of standing up for children".

I am not sure how fighting for in-person learning is considered "the exact opposite of standing up for children".
There is so much more to this than just in person learning. It's great that there are vaccines for most people. I have two children at home that still are unable to be vaccinated. So while everyone wants to go on about choices, when you you choose to not wear a mask at this point in time you are still putting at risk however small those that are this point and time do not have an option to protect themselves. When schools are funded appropriately and have infrastructure in place to keep children safe absolutely. But as a society we haven't stood up for children by adequately paying teachers and funding schools but now all of a sudden that's of importance?

There is so much more to this than just in person learning. It's great that there are vaccines for most people. I have two children at home that still are unable to be vaccinated. So while everyone wants to go on about choices, when you you choose to not wear a mask at this point in time you are still putting at risk however small those that are this point and time do not have an option to protect themselves. When schools are funded appropriately and have infrastructure in place to keep children safe absolutely. But as a society we haven't stood up for children by adequately paying teachers and funding schools but now all of a sudden that's of importance?
Where is the goalpost? There will always be people who are unable to receive the vaccine. I work with some of them. There will always be people who are immune compromised who do not build the antibodies and therefore have little/no protections. I am one of them. If you are going to protect everyone, then you must be willing to have these restrictions for eternity because in reality a bad cold or the flu could do just as much damage to those who are immune compromised.

The schools are not underfunded. The system is mismanaged.

This a million times.

I’m pro vax, anti mandate.

Im over masks and their mandates.

What folks of course misunderstand, removing the mandate doesn’t prevent anyone from keep on keeping on.

What I want is the ability to choose for me and mine when and where we choose to mask.
Point is - your health is my health and vice versa during a pandemic. US American hyperindividualism fails to understand this and the astonishing US Covid death toll lives (pun intented) to tell the tale. Sey is totally lost, she obviously abandoned reason and sience a long time ago. Her choice in the US, I guess. Glad to be living elsewhere. :)

With exceptions I would say....I work in health care and we have a family who has been down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theories since COVID began, so much so that the mom, who is an RN , gave up her job to work as a hostess at Texas Roadhouse because "they think like her" (i.e. didn't require her to vaccinate or wear a mask)

...well this same mom thinks that it is her "choice for her and her daughter " to come in to our office without a mask when we have a large sign and a directive from management that we all wear masks , staff and families alike. We handed them both masks when they came in , told them they were required and she began her tirade ...at which point , we cut her off saying "this is how it is here for the foreseeable future no matter what you're reading on the internet and you can CHOOSE not to wear a mask, but you will need to also choose a new place to get health care because this will not continue" . It stopped her in her tracks and she tried to argue and we said "we are tired of this every time and we are done asking...either put on masks or leave" They ended up "rescheduling" and who knows if they'll be back but one's "choice" to wear a mask has limits....like I'm sure folks could go barefoot into Walmart but shoes are required so people wear them ...I don't think a person's ability to choose to wear a mask or not overrides rules where they are required.

Point is - your health is my health and vice versa during a pandemic. US American hyperindividualism fails to understand this and the astonishing US Covid death toll lives (pun intented) to tell the tale. Sey is totally lost, she obviously abandoned reason and sience a long time ago. Her choice in the US, I guess. Glad to be living elsewhere. :)
Actually no. Please cite the studies.

With exceptions I would say....I work in health care and we have a family who has been down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theories since COVID began, so much so that the mom, who is an RN , gave up her job to work as a hostess at Texas Roadhouse because "they think like her" (i.e. didn't require her to vaccinate or wear a mask)

...well this same mom thinks that it is her "choice for her and her daughter " to come in to our office without a mask when we have a large sign and a directive from management that we all wear masks , staff and families alike. We handed them both masks when they came in , told them they were required and she began her tirade ...at which point , we cut her off saying "this is how it is here for the foreseeable future no matter what you're reading on the internet and you can CHOOSE not to wear a mask, but you will need to also choose a new place to get health care because this will not continue" . It stopped her in her tracks and she tried to argue and we said "we are tired of this every time and we are done asking...either put on masks or leave" They ended up "rescheduling" and who knows if they'll be back but one's "choice" to wear a mask has limits....like I'm sure folks could go barefoot into Walmart but shoes are required so people wear them ...I don't think a person's ability to choose to wear a mask or not overrides rules where they are required.
I also support an individual place of business to require it. And I understand healthcare facilities requiring

Since you do not state which statement you want to discuss: In Germany we like to listen to Prof. Drosten, he is the guy whose team developed the PCR testing for covid. He does public talks every other week. The transcripts are free to read (brought to you by the German taxpayer's money, and yes, everyone has to pay Rundfunkbeitrag, it's mandated...), I guess google translations will be enough to get the gist of it. Plenty of studies cited in there. https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/info/podcast4684.html

My understanding is that the science no longer supports masking. New studies have proven that with omicron, it’s airborne, not droplet spread, thus making masks, especially cloth ones, pretty much useless in stopping the spread. And there are now studies emerging showing that masking has actually been detrimental to the development and mental health of children. And after seeing the inside of the cloth mask my kindergartner has worn all day, there’s no way that can be healthier for him.

My question is for those insisting that we should wear masks for the immunocompromised. Should we continue forever? Weren’t they in danger as well before covid with viruses like the flu? It’s a genuine question.

I understand the deadliness of this virus first hand. I lost my father to it and it’s been devastating to lose him. But I also don’t want to lose my children’s mental health to it either. Youth suicide rates are climbing and they have direct correlation to masking and lockdowns according to recently released studies.

My understanding is that the science no longer supports masking. New studies have proven that with omicron, it’s airborne, not droplet spread, thus making masks, especially cloth ones, pretty much useless in stopping the spread. And there are now studies emerging showing that masking has actually been detrimental to the development and mental health of children. And after seeing the inside of the cloth mask my kindergartner has worn all day, there’s no way that can be healthier for him.

My question is for those insisting that we should wear masks for the immunocompromised. Should we continue forever? Weren’t they in danger as well before covid with viruses like the flu? It’s a genuine question.

I understand the deadliness of this virus first hand. I lost my father to it and it’s been devastating to lose him. But I also don’t want to lose my children’s mental health to it either. Youth suicide rates are climbing and they have direct correlation to masking and lockdowns according to recently released studies.
The virus has been airborne from day 1. Masking works and this has been proven by science in the lab and in the real world multiple times. The better the quality of the masks the better the results. Same for number of people masking and more so indoors vs. outdoor, number of people in the room, how long do they stay, do they talk or not, do the exercise or not, how well do the masks fit and so on. There are calculators backed by science to tell you how great the risk to get infected according to all such variables is in a given place at a given time. Cloths masks are not ideal. Our pupils are wearing medical masks for over two years now and it is not a problem. At all. Teachers wear FFP2 masks, which are protecting just fine from aireborne viruses. In fact this is the sole reason of their existence... Protecting the wearer from harmful stuff in the air. Really, kids to not kill themselves because they have to wear masks. They just learn to be considered to others which they do by masking once old enough to handle a mask, usually age 6 at the latest. Most little ones mask here, too.

The virus has been airborne from day 1. Masking works and this has been proven by science in the lab and in the real world multiple times. The better the quality of the masks the better the results. Same for number of people masking and more so indoors vs. outdoor, number of people in the room, how long do they stay, do they talk or not, do the exercise or not, how well do the masks fit and so on. There are calculators backed by science to tell you how great the risk to get infected according to all such variables is in a given place at a given time. Cloths masks are not ideal. Our pupils are wearing medical masks for over two years now and it is not a problem. At all. Teachers wear FFP2 masks, which are protecting just fine from aireborne viruses. In fact this is the sole reason of their existence... Protecting the wearer from harmful stuff in the air. Really, kids to not kill themselves because they have to wear masks. They just learn to be considered to others which they do by masking once old enough to handle a mask, usually age 6 at the latest. Most little ones mask here, too.
Cite your studies

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back