WAG Jennifer Sey Leaves Levis

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My question is for those insisting that we should wear masks for the immunocompromised. Should we continue forever? Weren’t they in danger as well before covid with viruses like the flu? It’s a genuine question.
It is the immuno compromised who should continue to mask.

As a long time health care worker/laboratory scientist (40 yrs.) The standard is it is the immuno compromised who mask. We/I have seen many immuno compromised patients over the years. Until “ the Covid” we didn’t mask the whole facility for the patien, the patient masks (or is isolated).

Prior airborne diseases, ie flu, the whole world doesn’t mask. Even in a hospital setting. In my state, NY, during flu season, hospita workers either flu vax or mask. The mask to protect them, to help them stay health, so they can report to work.

This is no longer a novel virus, it is no longer a pandemic. We are well on our way to endemic.

And if mandates worked the states in the US should in theory have much lower death rates, yet they don’t.

And as someone in a mandate state. Don’t get me started on how many people do not mask properly.

Mandates that are uncontrolled and unenforceable are useless. But make some feel morally superior.

Again, being against a mandate doesn’t mean someone is against masking or vaxing. I’m for both, based on what’s works for each person in conjunction with their health care providers (the science people).

Govermnent mandates can not beat a virus into submission. Virus gonna do what a virus gonna do

I know @Lurker is a new member, but perhaps someone else could also inform them that while discussions are at times passionate on Chalkbucket, they are still respectful even in disagreement. A lesson well heeded if one wishes to be taken seriously.

And those “googled” articles are from reputable mainstream news media that site the sources of the actual medical studies performed by scientists and researchers specializing in infectious diseases, including studies from WHO and the CDC. Perhaps next time you should read before commenting.

I know @Lurker is a new member, but perhaps someone else could also inform them that while discussions are at times passionate on Chalkbucket, they are still respectful even in disagreement. A lesson well heeded if one wishes to be taken seriously.

And those “googled” articles are from reputable mainstream news media that site the sources of the actual medical studies performed by scientists and researchers specializing in infectious diseases, including studies from WHO and the CDC. Perhaps next time you should read before commenting.
And yet @Lurker is still finding this amusing

@Lurker lots of intelligent people here. Cite your sources. I can read the papers. I even participated in the writing of scientific papers.

Your reaction given the discussion is at best condescending

You link opinion pieces and expect me to waste my time finding scientific studies that you could easily look up yourself. I'm not the condescending one here.

You link opinion pieces and expect me to waste my time finding scientific studies that you could easily look up yourself. I'm not the condescending one here.
I didn’t link anything. I’m still waiting for the studies

Please everyone... just be respectful and remember that this website is to discuss gymnastics.

If we move away from gymnastics and towards COVID and masking... then we will be in a strange place. There is no chance that right now everyone is going to agree on these issues.

This thread is open once again.​

Please use the "report" link in each post to report something if you think it breaks the rules of the site...

Debate Respectfully

You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:
  • Name-calling
  • Ad hominem attacks
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
  • Knee-jerk contradiction
Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back