WAG JO National age groups

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Rules and policies say state meets should be 3 weeks before Regionals. Why are MN and NJ allowed to deviate from that?
Agreed, this is affecting a lot more people than they realize! Not just the competitors, but those who are hosting and need volunteers for several days.

They actually have both the Level 9 Westerns and Level 10 charts posted. Interesting how USAG has not done so as of yet.

Still no posting of age groups...I surely hope that we don't have to wait until next week, though in the long run...doesn't much matter does it!
At first I was thinking no big deal, but then I realized our region can't make the schedule until they have the numbers of each group so they can fit it all in.

did they also change how they would assign "extra" spots for regions that don't fill their quota of 7 gymnasts > 35?

Yes. It is now by a percentage of gualifiers in each age group in each region. It doesn't give any specifics though.

Are the age groups the same for regionals as for westerns and nationals? Our region posted the regionals age groups today and I am just wondering if the age group my DD is in will be the same age group she would be in if she makes it to westerns.

Are the age groups the same for regionals as for westerns and nationals? Our region posted the regionals age groups today and I am just wondering if the age group my DD is in will be the same age group she would be in if she makes it to westerns.
Yes, for level 9 and 10, age groups are the same at all regionals and some as at easterns/westerns/nationals. For levels 8 and below, individual regions set their own age groups, since that is the last championship meet of the season for those levels.

Rules and policies say state meets should be 3 weeks before Regionals. Why are MN and NJ allowed to deviate from that?
New Jersey moved their Level 9 and 10 state meet back a week because NCAA Big 10 Conference Championships were held during the normal weekend time slot. The Big 10 took place at Rutgers University in New Brunswick.

New Jersey moved their Level 9 and 10 state meet back a week because NCAA Big 10 Conference Championships were held during the normal weekend time slot. The Big 10 took place at Rutgers University in New Brunswick.
ALL college conference meets were that weekend. We had PAC 12's and Norcal state 9/10 championships the same weekend.

ALL college conference meets were that weekend. We had PAC 12's and Norcal state 9/10 championships the same weekend.
I got an email from the meet director directly about it, so I figured it was an important reason why the meet was rescheduled.

I got an email from the meet director directly about it, so I figured it was an important reason why the meet was rescheduled.
Are you having your 9/10 state meet at the same facility as the big ten champs? That the only reason I could see to move it, since the rest of the states in your region look like they held their meets last weekend.

I remember region 7 always having a late states in one of the states..it was always the week after we went

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back