Judge evaluating skills at practice?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cathiann

Just got an e-mail from one of our HCs and she said in a few weeks there is a judge coming to practice to evaluate the Optional girls' skills! They will get feedback and what they need to improve, etc. and how ready they might be for the level they want to compete. This is well in advance of our actual intrasquad meet the end of December (actually on New Year's Eve day this year!).

Does your gym do anything like that?

They did it once and the girls liked it. The judge was very nice and told them what they were missing and gave them a score. Good luck to Beth . We might be at some of the same meets. Northern Lights and Rising Stars. I really hope that Gymie "M" former level 8 but wants to be a level 9 is doing good. My daughter really likes her and gave my daughter alot of encouragement.

Our head coach is a judge, which definitely helps from day to day. She also brings a judge in for our mock meet to give the girls pointers.

I think it really helps the girls to hear it from a different source.

One of the coaches at the old gym was a judge, so the gym held a mock meet before the competition season started. We discovered that she viewed our routines a bit more favorably then the judges at meets. Our new gym doesn't do this, but I wish they did!

Our gym did this last year right before our first in house meet and it was great. She gave each of the girls a score on each event. I thought it was good for two reasons. First, the girls got to do their entire routines for a real judge and get critiqued on what they needed to work on. Second, it gave them a realistic idea of what to expect for scores at the first meet.

We are having a judge come the middle of November this year for our optionals. I guess at MN Congress it was highly reccomneded that you have a judge come in early this year. This is to ensure your gymnasts are in line with the rule changes made this year.

Our compulsaries already did theirs it went well.

Hey on a side note : Our Level 4-6 will be at your gyms meet this weekend :) We are coming sunday to watch our Level 6 girls. Will you be around??

We have done it for years. Same judge every year, same weekend every year. It is tremendously helpful. We hold it as a true Mock Meet. With warmups and everything

The best part is that she will look at all routines to see if the girls are missing any skills in their routines

Our gym does and it's very useful.

I need to see about doing it for the boys. I can judge and predict their scores are on the money but it's a bit of a pain for our mock meet at the gym in December since of the required spotting and all. Last year the other coach judged them before season and it was way off and too lenient whereas I usually go the other way so I end up getting surprised at meets.

My coach is also a high level judge so she can tell us what will and won't be paid etc.

We also have a competition run by the judges (Judges Invite) and as well as being a normal competition we get a critique sheet on each apparatus and the judges write down what we didn't get paid and things to work on and little encouragements etc. It's a really good comp to go to! :)

Our gym does this also same judges every year they came in a few wks ago for comp. girls ,but they do not get scored and only the coaches and owners know the results.They also come in for the opt. girls I believe in Nov.

Yes! she comes in tells us what she likes about our routines and gives us tips on our skills, and if we meet requirements.

Also off to the state clinic today =]

We are having a judge come the middle of November this year for our optionals. I guess at MN Congress it was highly reccomneded that you have a judge come in early this year. This is to ensure your gymnasts are in line with the rule changes made this year.

Our compulsaries already did theirs it went well.

Hey on a side note : Our Level 4-6 will be at your gyms meet this weekend :) We are coming sunday to watch our Level 6 girls. Will you be around??

Oh cool! Yes, I was there all weekend--was the woman sitting at the computer table :). Your girls did pretty good at level 6, if I recall correctly!

Is that the new leo your daughter is wearing in your pic? Looks very nice!

Just got an e-mail from one of our HCs and she said in a few weeks there is a judge coming to practice to evaluate the Optional girls' skills! They will get feedback and what they need to improve, etc. and how ready they might be for the level they want to compete. This is well in advance of our actual intrasquad meet the end of December (actually on New Year's Eve day this year!).

Does your gym do anything like that?

Yup they do. and the girls love it when she comes. She usually comes once a month. And actually the judge that come (a friend of the owner) also does the chorography for the beam routines at our gym. She makes sure however that she is never directly judging our teams so no one can accuse her of favoring our team. She has been at meets to see how our team has done though. So she is like a once a month coach for the girls and the girls love it.

Our gym did already. She worked with Optionals and Compulsory. I think it is great they did especially with the new changes.

We have been invited by another gym for a mock meet with a judge before our competition season started. I think it's a great idea. I did however find that the scores were on the high end but still valuable input.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back