WAG Judge Scoring Help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Are there any judges or ex-judges that provide consulting to review a routine and provide feedback as to where they see deductions so our DD knows where she can work to improve her routine(s)?

Are there any judges or ex-judges that provide consulting to review a routine and provide feedback as to where they see deductions so our DD knows where she can work to improve her routine(s)?

What level and event are you looking for?

I believe you can submit videos on Flyp and there are some judges that charge for routine evaluations. Meet critique on Instagram for example, but that’s for MAG

I found a good resource. She has done a great job. Here is her website:
https://thegymnasticsguide.com/

As I always state... these types of websites are not a substitute for the rules. Purchasing the rules would be the best way to go as then you have an always up to date complete set of rules instead of a summary.

The code can be purchased here...

This is an e-book (not videos or an app)... so don't read the negative reviews on it. They are looking for it to be something that it is not.

As I always state... these types of websites are not a substitute for the rules. Purchasing the rules would be the best way to go as then you have an always up to date complete set of rules instead of a summary.

The code can be purchased here...

This is an e-book (not videos or an app)... so don't read the negative reviews on it. They are looking for it to be something that it is not.
FYI: This ebook is awful. No one likes it. So I would believe the negative reviews, because it’s really that bad. And it doesn’t update automatically, you have to uninstall it and then reinstall it every time (and that is quite often). And if you buy either the book or ebook, you must stay up-to-date with any changes or updates, and they occur often.

FYI: This ebook is awful. No one likes it. So I would believe the negative reviews, because it’s really that bad. And it doesn’t update automatically, you have to uninstall it and then reinstall it every time (and that is quite often). And if you buy either the book or ebook, you must stay up-to-date with any changes or updates, and they occur often.

I own it and it is great. It is a .pdf document.

Also… if you don’t buy the book or the ebook… then you don’t have the official code.

Last edited:
ChalkBucket as a website will always recommend the official rules / code or websites / resources recommended by NAWGJ (https://nawgj.org/).

The floor acro pass evaluations on the NAWGJ website are really eye-opening! I purchased the code of points, and yes it details all the deductions a gymnast can get, but I still find it a little confusing. Looking at these videos and seeing all the deductions taken on the tumbling passes, helps me understand my own daughters deductions a LOT better. She had a huge difference in her floor scores the last two meets- now I understand why!! Also, looking at the photos after the meet she could see where her shapes/form were not great! That is always a good reality check - LOL! Thank you for sharing this link JBS!

The floor acro pass evaluations on the NAWGJ website are really eye-opening! I purchased the code of points, and yes it details all the deductions a gymnast can get, but I still find it a little confusing. Looking at these videos and seeing all the deductions taken on the tumbling passes, helps me understand my own daughters deductions a LOT better. She had a huge difference in her floor scores the last two meets- now I understand why!! Also, looking at the photos after the meet she could see where her shapes/form were not great! That is always a good reality check - LOL! Thank you for sharing this link JBS!

No problem at all.

The code is definitely confusing... however... it's the real deal. If you want to build a house... you have to know the building code... gymnastics is really not that different. If you have the actual code... you can refer to it whenever you need to try to find the answer.

Sites like the one mentioned above can be great too (the one above is from a judge)... they just aren't a substitute for actually having the real rules / code... they are great in combination.

Now if there was only a book on how coaches make training plans / paths and how these decisions can affect the current vs. the future performance / level / scores of an athletes.

I recommend buying the physical book and staying up to date with any changes. The ebook is slow and unwieldy. If you’re looking for something specific, you can’t just flip to it, you have to scroll through all the pages to find it. And sitting at the table trying to look something up quickly to get a proper score or answer a question is impossible. The previous iBook was so much easier and more user friendly, with a search bar, imbedded videos, and easier loading. I wasted my money on the google play version, and now I’m going to have to spend more money to buy a physical book.

I recommend buying the physical book and staying up to date with any changes. The ebook is slow and unwieldy. If you’re looking for something specific, you can’t just flip to it, you have to scroll through all the pages to find it. And sitting at the table trying to look something up quickly to get a proper score or answer a question is impossible. The previous iBook was so much easier and more user friendly, with a search bar, imbedded videos, and easier loading. I wasted my money on the google play version, and now I’m going to have to spend more money to buy a physical book.

It is a .pdf document... so it is very fast. You need to download / export it. You do not need to use it inside of Google Play.

I am guessing the negative reviews just don't know how to use it or are comparing it to the previous code as an Apple iBook. The previous code was different... this one was not sold as being the same.

Attached is a movie of me scrolling through the current and up to date code. As you can see I have also used the "search" function to find things in the code very quickly.

The code can be updated by using the directions here...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back