Off Topic Judges Course

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DTAG

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
It has been suggested to me a couple of times that I take the judges course. Specifically for MAG. I've thought about it a few times and am starting to get the ball rolling with it. I can't help but to notice the form and shapes of the gymnasts as they are performing their skills and my eyes directly go to the details of how the skills are done. I really love it! I've been told (by our states head judge) to start studying and memorizing the routines for the compulsories, which I have been doing. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to be the most successful at this? Is there an order of what I need to study? i.e. routines, then memorize the "short-hand", and then combine the two and just practice?

Also, will they teach me exactly what to look for in each skill as we are judging them? I know the normal deductions like feet flexed, separations, bent elbows, etc but what about stuff related to the actual skill and how it should be performed? For example, when my son learned how to do a back uprise on rings, he had to learn how to do it with a "circling" motion as to not receive a deduction. You wouldn't find that in the book though. Are we taught all of that? Feeling eager but a bit overwhelmed. Thanks for any input.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back