Judges Cup NCSU

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My girls will be headin to Raleigh to compete in the Judges Cup on the 8th. Anyone else from the Bucket gonna be there?

My girls will be headin to Raleigh to compete in the Judges Cup on the 8th. Anyone else from the Bucket gonna be there?

The level 4 and up from our gym will be there. Thinking of going to watch, but not sure if I will be able to make it.

My dd is level 3. She will be at meets in Nov. in Burlington and Garner. Then in Feb. in Fayetteville and Apex.

We are excited as these will be her first competitions.

This will be the first Judges Cup my girls have been too. They will be competing at level 5. The gym we go to has for years competed in AAU and mostly in GA meets since we live in the western most county. About 3 years ago a Russian coach bought the gym and changed to USA competition but then sold gym back to original owner because he's a coach and not a buisness man. He has since moved on so we went back to AAU for a year and now there is a new owner who will be doing USA again. Thanks for the wish of luck, I'm gettin anxious about the meet. It's been two years ago that we started competing at level 4 when my youngest was 7 and now we're back.:)

My dd is level 3. She will be at meets in Nov. in Burlington and Garner. Then in Feb. in Fayetteville and Apex.
You'll probably see me at the one in Apex -- it's at my home gym.

As for the one in Garner, if it's the Thanksgiving Invite at Artistic, my girls will be there (though I won't be there with them -- I'll be in Kernersville coaching a boys' meet)

You'll probably see me at the one in Apex -- it's at my home gym.

As for the one in Garner, if it's the Thanksgiving Invite at Artistic, my girls will be there (though I won't be there with them -- I'll be in Kernersville coaching a boys' meet)

The one in Garner is @ Artistic. Looks like I will see the girls there. I am looking forward to my dd first meet. I am happy she can test the waters @ level 3, before she hits the actual team level and the costs increase. I do have a question. She was working on her floor routine. Can they do a backwalkover instead of the bridge-kick-over? She wanted to know. I was out of town when she got her sheets w/ the routine so I was not able to ask.

Also - any advise on the BHS? she almost has it, just bends her arms so her head skims the ground a bit (not enough to hurt, but enough to keep it from really being a BHS) She is getting very frustrated ( perfectionist).

My son is 10, he also takes classes. In fact is gym is now working on getting more boys equipment because he and another boy want to compete. Our owner/ team couch had never planned on having a boys team. I think it's a great sport for both.

see you in Apex.

The one in Garner is @ Artistic. Looks like I will see the girls there. I am looking forward to my dd first meet. I am happy she can test the waters @ level 3, before she hits the actual team level and the costs increase. I do have a question. She was working on her floor routine. Can they do a backwalkover instead of the bridge-kick-over? She wanted to know. I was out of town when she got her sheets w/ the routine so I was not able to ask.
I don't believe so; I believe it has to be a bridge kick over.

Also - any advise on the BHS? she almost has it, just bends her arms so her head skims the ground a bit (not enough to hurt, but enough to keep it from really being a BHS) She is getting very frustrated ( perfectionist).

I'd have to see it to give a real answer; most likely, it will fix itself in time.

Looking back at my granddaughter's level 3 sheets for floor, it canNOT be a back walkover

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back