Judging Exam Tomorrow!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

marie83

Coach
Judge
Hi all,

I have my 'club judge' exam tomorrow (basically this will qualify me to be the E panel judge - the nasty one who takes all the marks away! Although I am told at smaller competitions we may be required to be the D panel aswell!)
It has been a pretty intense course, just 3 days long with the exam on the 4th day and there is a theoretical paper and a practical exam where we have to watch a DVD and judge the routines. 5 routines on floor, bars and beam and 5 vaults. I have to be 0.3 either side of the actual score to get full marks.

I am struggling with floor at the moment - All your gymmies would love me, I'm far too lenient!

Please wish me luck for tomorrow! We should get results tomorrow, so I'll let you know how I got on!

Thanks,
Marie

Good luck !! You can judge DD's floor routine anytime : ) !!!!

Sending the exam fairy and the 'please let me find all the deductions' fairy !!!

well, just got home!

Got there to find out I'd be doing practical first, which I was pleased about.
Sat down and off we went - we seemed to whizz through the videos (the examiner even commented on how fast we all were!) Then had a bit of a break - was very unsure of how well I'd done!

Then after a 30 min break went off to do my theory - we were told that once we had finished we were to hand the paper in and leave the room then wait about 30 mins for results.

Well I finished my theory paper in about 10 mins - sat and checked it through, wasn't 100% sure on all the answers but was pretty confident that I had got at least 50% which was the pass mark.

Then I had to wait over an hour!!! For results.

I got called out on the honour roll for getting over 95% on practical
then I got called out for having an overall score of 93% with a distinction!

WOWZERS! I was not expecting that!!!

Thanks for all your good luck messages - those fairies certainly did the trick!

~*~*~*CONGRATULATIONS*~*~*~ Those are wonderful scores! You must have gone in really prepared to do so brilliantly!

I guess now we can direct our videos to you, so you can tell us where our girls lose the points?!? lol!

I hope you enjoy judging!

Thanks so much everyone! I was totally shocked to have achieved one of the highest marks!

When I told HC that I'd got distinction she was like 'yeah ... told me' - no, well done or anything! Then she asked how many had done the course - I told her 60 and that everyone passed and she said 'yeah, I'd hope so, it's easy'

So thanks to everyone here for making me feel like I've actually achieved something!

(HC has always been like that - It's all water off a duck's back now, but sometimes it's nice to hear 'well done'!)

Just saw this post. You did wonderfully. What high pass rates. Congrats to you!! You must have worked hard studying!! :)

Marie, just got to this. SO glad your exam went so well. We can tell how dedicated you are to gym and we appreciate your input here so much.

Congratualtions!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back