Parents Juju's 1st Meet of Season (L4)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD had her first meet of the season finally and she did really well. I am so proud of her! I have been anxiously and very nervously awaiting meet season. I was more nervous this year then last year, I guess the expectations are different so I was stressing a bit more - LOL. This was a much smaller meet then we are used to and in a state where the season starts earlier with States being in December (ours is March) but all in all a great starting point for our girls.

Vault: 8.7 (4th Place)
Vault has never been her strong point (she still only weighs 45 lbs and is very short so I think that makes it a little harder) but scores were really low. We have girls that should easily be getting 9.5+'s and the highest vault score was 9.1 (and the only 2 - 9's for ALL the level 4's competing).

Bars: 9.175 (1st Place) - Personal Best
What a difference a year makes. Last year at this meet she scored a 7.2 - Last year she was plagued by going over on the dreaded mill circle but we lucked out this time. Highest Bar score of Meet :D

Beam: 8.25 (3rd Place) - with a fall - UGGH...
She was doing a beautiful routine until... the fall... really odd fall too. She went too far around on her 2nd turn then when she got back on the beam she did not leave herself enough room and ended up bobbling at the end of the beam when she had no where to put her feet - LOL - and of course over on time. Without that darn fall and everything that ensued afterward her score would have easily been in the 9's. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. After the meet she said the beam felt funny and it was real slickery (her word). :mad:

Floor: 9.175 (1st Place)
Not normally a strong event for her but it was pretty nice. Also the highest floor score of the meet. :eek:

All Around: 35.20 (2nd Place)
She also had the highest AA score of her entire team (17 girls ages 7-11). Not sure how she managed that - and bet it won't happen again - LOL. :confused:

Her team won 1st Place so that is always awesome.

The coaches usually don't say anything about scores but one told me privately the judges were being pretty harsh and low on scores.

To sum things up now that I have written a novel...
I was worried how she would do with the pressure of being a 2nd year level 4 especially after not having competed since March. She is still the youngest girl on team even though this is her 2nd year at L4 and her coaches look to her to be a team leader. IMO that is alot on the shoulders of a little girl that just turned 7, but she handled it like a Champ and I am a very proud mommy!

Video at:
YouTube - jlewis219's Channel

Last edited:
Aw she brought a smile to my face. She did a wonderful job, and those were lovely routines for a first meet. THe scoring seems harsh, but as long as it was across the board that it fine.

Her bars are wonderful.

Way to go Juju!! You rocked. Nice vault! Bars were flawless! Beam routine was very nice, I can see her getting 9s on it really soon, very pretty. Floor was just beautiful. Very nice first meet of the season! She is going to rock L4 this year!

Very nice video mom. She is just beautiful and did so well! Thanks for the meet report.

Beautiful especially floor. What a super little gymnast she is. Well done!

Hey!!! Congrats to JuJu on her first meet! Older DD had her first meet of the season this past weekend too!

Hope we will see you sometime this season! I noticed you were in Asheville! We were at Judges Cup in Aiken!

What's her schedule like this year? If nothing else I am sure we will see you at states since both our girls already qualified!:D Gotta love it.

I am sure JuJu is going to be in all nine's SOON!

What's her schedule like this year? If nothing else I am sure we will see you at states since both our girls already qualified!:D Gotta love it.

[SIZE=-1] October 24-25 - High Flight - Asheville, NC
November 7-8 - Kozeevs - Spartanburg, SC
November 21-22 - Crown of the Carolinas - Rock Hill, SC **OUR MEET**
December 12-13 - Silver Bells - Summerville, SC
January 8-10 - Carolina Classic - Columbia, SC
January 23-24 - Capital City Classic - Columbia, SC (Irmo High School)
February 4-7 - Tiger Paw - Clemson, SC
February 13-15 - Gatlinburg Classic - Gatlinburg, TN
February 26-28 - Lake Murray Gamecock Invite - Columbia, SC
March 12-14 - SC State Meet - Columbia, SC
[/SIZE]

Will you be at any of those?

[SIZE=-1] October 24-25 - High Flight - Asheville, NC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]November 7-8 - Kozeevs - Spartanburg, SC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]November 21-22 - Crown of the Carolinas - Rock Hill, SC **OUR MEET**[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]December 12-13 - Silver Bells - Summerville, SC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]January 8-10 - Carolina Classic - Columbia, SC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]January 23-24 - Capital City Classic - Columbia, SC (Irmo High School)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]February 4-7 - Tiger Paw - Clemson, SC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]February 13-15 - Gatlinburg Classic - Gatlinburg, TN[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]February 26-28 - Lake Murray Gamecock Invite - Columbia, SC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]March 12-14 - SC State Meet - Columbia, SC[/SIZE]

Will you be at any of those?

Yes!:)We will be at Tiger Paw, Gamecock Invite and states!:D
Hopefully we will get to see each other at least once! Would love to see JuJu in person!;)

Way to go Juju on such a fantastic first meet! Looks like an exciting season ahead.

Way to go JuJu! Sounds like she's off to a fabulous meet season. So young to be a Team Leader, I love it! Sometimes the Small are VERY Mighty!!!!

What a great 1st meet! She should be proud.

Leadership is a lovely quality that very few possess. To have it identified and have an opportunity to develop it is wonderful. Congrats to your little girl, I'm sure given time to grow in the role, she'll exceed everyone's expectations:)

Thank you for all of your well wishes and congratulations.

DD was really excited about getting her 9 on floor especially in her first meet of the season. In our gym it is a BIG thing because the coaches let the girls make up there own ending pose for the floor routine once they get a 9 on floor. Until that point all the girls do the same generic ending pose so they feel really special to get to do something unique in the world of compulsory gymnastics. Juju wants to end with this pouty faced, crossed arm, peace sign ending which would be absolutely hilarious but probably not too appreciated by the judges. I will see if she will demonstrate it so I can post it for all to laugh at.

*Canadiangymmom* - a special thank you for the lovely sentiment of your post. That was very touching.

Congrats on a great meet! Love the idea about them doing their owning end pose if they get a 9! That is an awesome incentive! She is a lovely gymnast! Congrats again!

What great scores! What a difference a year makes huh? Great beam score even with a fall. She will totally rock the beam later in the season!! Congrats!

Juju wants to end with this pouty faced, crossed arm, peace sign ending which would be absolutely hilarious but probably not too appreciated by the judges.

Alex wants to end her routine with both hands doing the rock and roll symbol which would be totally cool but you are right not very appreciated by the judges or even her coaches for that matter. Too funny!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back